Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Catalyst49

Michel_Alvarez_Portfolio

Guest Catalyst49

Thank you again for your compliments. I was actually curious to know what you guys felt that I needed some of in my portfolio. You see I'm going to be applying for a job before May, so I want to capture an array of different projects to show flexibility in design as well as flexibility in aestthetic. I don't know you guys tell me. Just like if you feel that I have a weak project I should knock out of there and replace let me know. I'm open to all critiques. :)

yeah Air Jordan is one of the most famous shoes Nike ever made. U got some outstanding design skills dude. Ur projects shown in ur portfolio look great, but unfortunately i can't read and see the details very well. Hope u can post the same work here in large size.

Guest Catalyst49

Where exactly would I be able to post those jpgs? I think I can maybe post them one by one so the text is easily ledgible :P

Guest Catalyst49

Alright guys. I went ahead and posted my first project in my portfolio in the finished projects section. I hope you enjoy. I'll try to put one up every so often.

Guest Catalyst49

;) Hey guys,

I've updated my Coroflot Portfolio with a new Housewares Project. Let me know how you guys feel about it and also if interested I can post it much larger in the finished projects area. I hope all is well and have a great New Years. Drink Up!

http://www.coroflot.com/michel_alvarez

Guest sarasmog

Hey Mitch,

It's Sara from GM (hollywood), I just kinda stumbled on your portfolio. Nice stuff! I liked how you displayed the interior. Great drawings as always!

:) Sara

The Bubble Bug concept seems very interesting and fun to use. The soap efficiency element is a good idea, but from the pictures only it's not clear to me how the product improves the shower safety. I think it's worth to post it in our 'finished projects' section.

Guest Catalyst49

Yeah the bubble bug is a more in depth product that used a lot of research that influnced the final development of the product. If anyone is interested in a pdf document of my presentation (3.8mb) please e-mail me at the e-mail given in my portfolio. I will be more than glad to send that out to you guys. Its just way too much to put into the finished project page.

On the topic of safety. the product houses the soap inside making the user interact with

a textured, collapsible elastomer top. This helps them have a better grip on th soap and also allows a safety spot when the soap slowly reduces in size. We all find it hard to bath with that small piece. :)

Guest Catalyst49

There will be new work coming in shortly. Thanks for those peple that asked for the Bubble Bug presentation in pdf format. I actually received third place in the International Housewares Student Competition. Here I come Chicago...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace,

mich

i really enjoyed your Bubble Bug presentation. thanks for sharing!

great research on soap users, great concept development and a wonderful presentation of the end product! double thumbs up :lol:

just 1 thing.. would you share the bubble bug with other roommates? how about hygenic factor of the 'nylon mesh sponge donut? does it need to be cleaned/changed regularly? most sponge product will become dirty/black...

anyway, i'd love to buy and try your Bubble Bug..

Guest Catalyst49

Thanks for your comment. Sharing was deffenitely a factor in the design. The Nylon mesh sponge is very hygenic for shower use. People usually throw away their typical "poof" sponges mainly due to the fact they disassemble with time, but the material itself does not create mold build-up due to its sanitary properties. The product also encourages users to hang the product from their shower head so that the soap and water can drain out of the brush. The top elastomer cap can be opened also to allow for cleaning in case the product gets messy from the soap inside. Good question and thanks for your in depth analysis. It makes me happy people are truly interested.

thanks

Guest Catalyst49

Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated my online portfolio with a bit of a new layout. The graphics are setup to be printed as a book as 2 page spreads. Hope you enjoy. I'll soon expose my Thesis development to you guys. Hope all is well

http://www.coroflot.com/michel_alvarez

:huh:

Guest Catalyst49

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to show you a bit of the Mid East IDSA conference from this past weekend if you haven't seen it yet. I was actually chosen to display my work in the national conference in August. There is also a few images of my school, The Cleveland Institute of Art. Enjoy!

http://www.core77.com/blogsquad/IDSA/