Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bednyo

EmptySofa

Guest ditman

hey lads and lasses! sorry to break into the conversation but i just have to say i really love that emptysofa! its exceptional! also really like the wanya MK2(two pushed together look great)!

P.S Death to all architects! Viva La Revolucion!!!

Guest SPUDS

Awesome styling, modeling and a great emotional responce bednyo !.......have you worked out how it's going to be manufactured, if it's fully possible to manufacture it seems as if it's going to cost thousands ?

Guest Axel

Will it be manufacured?

I like it a lot, BUT, i don´t like that its open on the top, IT WILL BE FILLED OF DUST (dirt.. hate cleaning :)).

or am I wrong?

Guest rnds
rofl...Cappellini would be great :).....but they are focused on famous designers...:(...
Actuall bednyo, Cappellini are always open to work from new young talent - you really should consider showing them your work.

As for those people who were critical of you for the strong Marc Newson influence, well virtually nothing is truly new anyway - Newson takes inpiration from past designers as well. There are many ideas from the past and present that can be expanded on and made better - the old Modernist obsession with "newness" and absolute "originality" is quite passé in our post-Post-Modern era - good design is good design - some designs are almost impossible to make better, while others most certainly can be expanded upon and made better. Your sofa is not a "rip-off" of Newson, it simply uses a similar design vocabulary - so what, it's still original and very clever.

Guest bednyo

yo ppls! - im now a bit busy - too much boring work last months and no time for spend minute on net - but it was BIG surprise for me when i found this treat still alive!!! thx!

2ditman>HAHA...killem all! - fortunately i dont need to work for them anymore ;) - im glad that u like my stuff!

2SPUDS>thanks...actually emptysofa will be available soon with different name...price will be fine - cheaper than wanya mk2 but i cant say more now :(

2Axel>yeah....problem with dust solved :)

2rnds>

QUOTE(bednyo @ Sep 5 2005, 11:54 AM)

rofl...Cappellini would be great .....but they are focused on famous designers......

Actuall bednyo, Cappellini are always open to work from new young talent - you really should consider showing them your work.

hmmm....i was thinkin about that...many times...but i have to try spiny way first - i need more experience from marketing and manufacturing and with company like cappellini u can make only one mistake ;) - u know what i mean

As for those people who were critical of you for the strong Marc Newson influence, well virtually nothing is truly new anyway - Newson takes inpiration from past designers as well. There are many ideas from the past and present that can be expanded on and made better - the old Modernist obsession with "newness" and absolute "originality" is quite passé in our post-Post-Modern era - good design is good design - some designs are almost impossible to make better, while others most certainly can be expanded upon and made better. Your sofa is not a "rip-off" of Newson, it simply uses a similar design vocabulary - so what, it's still original and very clever.

this is an interesting point of view...i really like it! :) thanks

Guest carpenterdiem

Just beautiful. Reminds me of Marc Newsons designs.. Like I said, just beautiful!

Guest DreaM

Man, it's been 2 years and this threat is still on ! =)

Well, it means that you are on the right track...

I wouldn't give up easily.

good luck

Guest bednyo

2Zampik>lol...som nazive ale strasne moc prace a malo casu...ako sa dari?

carpenterdiem>thx man...im glad that u like it :)

2DreaM>rofl...im really surprised :)....i wasnt be here loong time bcs im very busy last year...emptysofa will be available in q1 2007 manufactured by my company...ill post few photos soon :)

Guest Zampik
2DreaM>rofl...im really surprised biggrinsmiley.gif....i wasnt be here loong time bcs im very busy last year...emptysofa will be available in q1 2007 manufactured by my company...ill post few photos soon biggrinsmiley.gif

wow... looking forward to see it.....

BEDNYO: Dari sa celkom dobre, dorobil som skolu a ted som vo Spanelsku vo Valencii... robim v jednom dizajn studiu... www.culdesac.es a inak sa snazim prodat moji COMMUNITY SOFA )))) snad se podari.....(ta moje slovenstina ...ta vypada!!!! co?...hehehe)

jo podivej se na muj web - pridal jsem tam veci a mam tam galerku s design akci: http://martin.zampach.com