Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bednyo

EmptySofa

Guest ankursharma

the sofe looks great.

what are the materials u propose for the same?

i saw that the legs and the upholstery that is white in color to be of one piece.is it so how do u think that will be made.will there be a sag when people sit on it.how did you address this issue..maybe u used a stiff material etc...

what if something falls inside the gaps????

is the blue upholstry removable???maybe for cleraning or changing the looks???

well thats for my curosity!!!!!!!

but definetly its agood concept interms of the form.good luck .!!!!

cheers

ankur sharma

Guest ozmodiar

love the design....a very inviting form...it just begs to be touched. I too am curious how this would be manufactured, specifically the plastic that makes up the structure. I'm thinking maybe two pieces put together kinda where the seam is on the fabric.

Guest bednyo

sorry guys...i was been loooong time without inet - i sent to hell my freakin university, i have to find new housing and new girlfriend, repair my PC.......too many thing at same time...but THANKS alot for great comments :)

2dzaan>thx man....site is repaired

2knightkarr>thx for detailed comment but dont have time now for detailed reply :(...

2JLdesign>thx man

2Scudfer Jones>thx man

2kidino>soon my friend.....but i have to figure out my crazy personal situation :)

2ankursharma>thx man...

2YINGSI>thx...:D

2pablo>thx...:D

2ozmodiar>thx man....

2all>model is not 100% finished - some details is simplified bcs polygoncount and modeling time

i need rest for a few weeks :D......

Guest Jno

I am not so much into furniture design and usually I am not so interested about it but in this case I have to say this is hell of a work! I can already see this in my living room! Excellent job!!!

Like others I would like to know how you have planned to make the plastic part?

JNo

Guest bednyo

2Lanjo>its modified bhodinut shader

2Jno>thanks man - i'll make another model for explanation - this one is very simple

Guest Cedric

As an exercise of imitating Marc Newson's style, it's really successfull. But it doesn't seem to be YOUR design...

post-4-1102067249.jpg

Guest feesta

that last is the one is what came to my mind seeing the blue couch. newson also has a chair with legs that penetrate the upholstered surface. i might like this couch more though. the velvet has the 60's popart feel. fun!

Guest crazykid

Wow. I relay like this vampire smile ;) no krits from my side, great work. // oh, only one thing, could you post a closeup of the bevel. It seems a bit hard. ( not realy shure if that's a critical point :lol: )

Guest bednyo

2Cedric>if u really think that i trying to imitate mr newson's style its your opinion - its ok...but did u find imitating on my other works?...no?..why?...think about it...

2feesta>

newson also has a chair with legs that penetrate the upholstered surface
- i haven't seen that one

2crazykid>thx...at this time im without pc so maybe later

Guest Cedric

That post was just an advise to be careful in not being too inspired by other designers. It's really easier that way but people can wonder where are your own personnality and creativity in this design. Marc Newson's style is so strong and obvious that I think it's a mistake to take it as the only inspiration, especially in a styling exercise of furniture.

I just watch your other works, really nice! I find it even more a pity, that these works are quite coherent. Random looks quite stark-ish, but you seem to have your own style especially foterka, the flower lamp and plastichair.