Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Peugeot contest, anybody else competing?

Well I'm going to try participate in this contest, the chance of my entry making it in a full sized clay model is just too tempting.

Im still trying to get to grips with the current theme:

"The theme for the 3rd Peugeot Design Competition is now official.

After the future in 2020 and retrofuturism, this year you have to design a car which reconciles your expectations, your interests and your automotive sensibilities. For this 3rd competition, you set your own specifications! Drawing on your imagination, design the Peugeot of your dreams for the near future.

Designers from countries all over the world have until December 8, 2004 to bring their concept cars to life and possibly win the Peugeot trophy and see their dreams become reality at the Frankfurt motor show?"

I'm now struggling with myself, and I think I'll go for the kind of car that I would enjoy driving myself, which wouldn't be something like a family sedan or something.

Anyways, I was just curious at to hear if others are entering as well?

Guest Dot Kite

Hello Renzsu,

Well, I don't think that i go to participate to that competition because I m not really interest to automotive design!

But i would like to wish you good luck and success!

Regards

Guest mono_transistor

Hi Renzsu

I am not so much talent about automotive design. But i will try.

My education as Industrial Designer was not properly, if I compare my designer skills with some people in this forums.

I think that this is a great oportunity to try some different things.

Good Luck!!!!!!!! :D

Guest Random Designer

I think they should have employed a web designer with some talent for punctuation. Honestly. Grumble grumble meh...

Anyway, After getting fed up with reading the site, do we just submit some sketches then? And renderings?

I did a doodle of a car once. My mum found it and posted it off to a competition and... tada... I won! How cool is my mum. :D

for your convenience:

rules (PDF):

rules

"Participants will be expected to submit one or more drawings (showing the exterior, interior, front, rear, side profile), to which they will attach an explanatory notes (concept, theme etc), which must be in French, English or Spanish. Any other language will be rejected. There is no limit to the number of entries that any given participant can submit."

Guest Random Designer

Oooh, ta. I might enter then.

My theme will be "I hate cars". Or perhaps "Gothic Cars". :D

Guest lovmeena
Well I'm going to try participate in this contest, the chance of my entry making it in a full sized clay model is just too tempting.

Im still trying to get to grips with the current theme:

"The theme for the 3rd Peugeot Design Competition is now official.

After the future in 2020 and retrofuturism, this year you have to design a car which reconciles your expectations, your interests and your automotive sensibilities. For this 3rd competition, you set your own specifications! Drawing on your imagination, design the Peugeot of your dreams for the near future.

Designers from countries all over the world have until December 8, 2004 to bring their concept cars to life and possibly win the Peugeot trophy and see their dreams become reality at the Frankfurt motor show?"

I'm now struggling with myself, and I think I'll go for the kind of car that I would enjoy driving myself, which wouldn't be something like a family sedan or something.

Anyways, I was just curious at to hear if others are entering as well?

i am too taking part in the competition ...i always wanted to make a dream car so this is the chance to see it in real scale.....

cool, well certainly looking forward to seeing the results (after the deadline I guess hehe ;) ).. right now i'm collecting imagery for inspiration, hope to put together some user / styling collages. I think it's important to settle for a certain type of car as well asap.

I intend to go for something that I will find personally really cool, not something that would be very politically correct I think hehe (I mean, green or family friendly, that sort of thing)..

peugeot-907-004.jpg

This is going to be the newest Peugeot btw... just when you thought those headlights and big radiators couldn't get any bigger...

I'm no fan of this car.. ;)

i just don't understand why they put the past,present and future elements together in 1 car. it should be a concept study. i wont believe they will put this thing on the market.

I don't understand either.. this thing is sooo full of redundant lines and nasty shapes, I just don't get it.. sorry Peugeot if you get to read this some time but this is not a pretty car at all...

Guest --fff--

Honnestly, the last 2 issues were really disapointing... These really ugly cars... But, when you see the last one that renz just shown, i can understand...

Guest «AD»

Hm...

Peugeot's not giving us pointers, I hope.

At first I thought, this coupé looked kinda nice, but this was today 3 am ;)

Now I really see what's up with this car....

They continued to follow the direction of the 407 ( respective "Elixir"), but that's just...not too good. I imagine how great this car looks on the paper, but NOW the headlights are hopelessly oversized, and the rear overhang looks especially amateur-ish, making the car heavy...at least in that pic...

Hm...I don't really think about entering this contest. Not only am I not good enough, no, I'm also too proud to admit it in front of a jury, and another thing: I'll be in the army by then. Now, I could use the september to render like hell, but there's no sense in it, it's not worth it.

lol, I write an essay about why I don't wanna start ;)

Well, I'll be thrilled to see your entry, Renzsu!

Good luck y'all!

Guest Georgije

Hello.

I will try to make something too, but don't know if it will look good becouse I'm not a designer. I just love cars since before I was able to talk.

Oh and if any of you guys know for good resources (articles...) about car design please post a link (I only know for cardesignnews, but that's not it).

I don't have any troubles with 3d modeling or drawing but need some tips what is important for a good car design.

Sorry for my bad english

George

Oh and if any of you guys know for good resources (articles...) about car design please post a link (I only know for cardesignnews, but that's not it).

... need some tips what is important for a good car design.

Sorry for my bad english

Hey there, don't worry about your english, it's not like it's the native language of every member here :rolleyes:

Well what is important for car design? I'm no expert at all but I can imagine car designers in the real world having to cope a lot with predetermined issues.. things like platforum/package, standard parts. I can imagine they have a lot less freedom than product designers in their choices. Then again, when working on prototypes I can imagine they can go further than normal.

They also have to have a great sense of what will the new trends be an how their designs will be interpreted by their target users (which aren't always the people buying their cars).

I think for the Peugeot contest you can work a lot more free from restrictions, it has to be your dreamcar, so think about what you would want your car to be like.. I have problems with this theme myself because as a designer I find so many vehicles very cool for various reasons, that I don't really have any dream cars that would fit myself.. I really have to think hard about what I would want, being used to think always what the target user would want.