Product Design Forums

Rapid Prototyping Services
moving out cleaning singapore
dog crates nz
parel

Solidworks Demo For Industrial Design

Guest henry81
i can't combine two mirror deformed ! but i can able to combine all the other (six) combined and mirror featured

here i attached the image of the two mirror deformed (appears in green (left side in orientation to the screen) and the split which i can't combine and i receive the error

may i know what goes wrong here !! :ohno:

Guest Crow
Hello
I'm interested with this metod, how to use picture to design products......
Can someone pls. send some information or at least how the metod is coled.
Thanks.

Guest henry81
[quote name='Crow' post='67361' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:41 AM']Hello I'm interested with this metod, how to use picture to design products......Can someone pls. send some information or at least how the metod is coled.Thanks.[/quote]

[url="http://www.solidprofessor.com/asksp_view.asp?vid=101"]http://www.solidprofessor.com/asksp_view.asp?vid=101[/url]
i did not understand your question fully though !!
i guess you are asking how to place a image in solidworks ? :eh:
the video explains to your query !

[b][color="#2E8B57"][font="Century Gothic"][size=6]"Help mankind, serve them but never say world is mine"[/size][/font][/color][/b]

Guest retrospec
[quote name='parel' post='2999' date='Nov 6 2004, 11:04 AM']This is what you should see when you open the file from the beginning of the tutorial. You will see a trimmed surface loft and a bunch of curves. I wanted to start with just curves, but the side section curves are created with curves that are tangent to the trimmed loft surface. The side section curves are also constrained to pierce the 3D character line that we previously created[/quote]

This is probably the best tutorial on solidworks for designers I have seen. especially showing us how to set up reference planes. great job, I really hope you make one for the future too.

Guest NoDayLikeDoomsday
Great tutorial! I've been trying to get better at modeling organic objects for a while, and this was the perfect intro.
Thanks!

[img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7336/mouset.jpg[/img]

Guest tvvladimir
Thank you so much!!! I have got a book on surfacing and all that but it was dead hard for me. Your tutorial is so easy to follow! I love the way you put things like>> Tools> Edges> Split for example and with pictures of tools. Even though you wrote it a while ago I was able to follow even though some icons changed. Did you write a book? I'd by one if you made it. Or perhaps a DVD on complex modelling? I'd buy it! If you already did please let me know, my email is: tvvladimir/yahoo.com.

p.s. I've encountered a problem when doing Insert>>Feature>>Split. Solidworks just shuts down, I've tried many times but same thing everytime :(. Will try ask on the forum in appropriate place. ;)

Thanks again!!!

Guest michal d
Hey, thanks for the tutorial. I did learn a lot. here are the modles ive done today. i plazed a little with the model.
take care
michal
[attachment=16022:mouse_2.jpg]

[attachment=16023:mouse_3.jpg]

[attachment=16024:mouse_4.jpg]

Guest joetheshow202
[quote name='parel' post='1832' date='Sep 20 2004, 03:20 PM']Similar to Rhino and Alias you can move the control points in the Top View to match the bitmap. (Hint: Hit Spacebar to get default views like left , right , top etc:)[/quote]

Hi Parel

I have drawn the 3d sketch on the top plane but it wont let me drag the points over to match the side view. Any ideas why not?

michal d- Great Render

Joetheshow- you are probably in a 2d sketch or your spline is contrained to a plane within your 3d sketch

click on the spline to show relationships and then delete relationships as needed

Guest 3DROY

Thx for this awesome tutorial, this is my first ever surface object i have made, i made 1 different detail to the orginal and i did render in photoview. Hope you like it

post-41396-1293657594.jpg

Guest 3DROY
Thx for this awesome tutorial, this is my first ever surface object i have made, i made 1 different detail to the orginal and i did render in photoview. Hope you like it

post-41396-1293657594.jpg

Ive added some new features and a better render.

post-41396-1293709444.jpg

Guest JackDePasquale

I am a new user to solidworks, (been using pro/e). This is much better tutorial than any I have seen so far!

3DROY- Thats what I like to see- experimentation :)

JackDePasquale- Glad to be of assistance. :) Boy its been a while- I really need to put together a follow up tutorial.