Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thathertz

3d Lamp Sketches

Guest Thathertz

Feel bad for creating a new thread, but I did'nt see any threads with lamp renderings.

Just trying to work out a few ideas for a lighting project for school. Their are no constraints on the project except that i have to build it, and my model making skills are pretty weak. These are my first two attempts at 3D renders. they were both created in Solid Works in probably less then 20 minutes each (the first one for sure). Screen shot's were then taken and exported into photoshop.

I was'nt really trying, and I dont think I even approach the quality of finished renders, but really just wanted to sketcg some ideas in 3d.

The first lamp is a hanging pendant lamp, classical guitars inspired the form. But I think if it was seen from the side it would be lost.

The second lamp is pretty impratical - LED powered (I used red LEDs for the render -would prefer white). it is plexi glass acting as a wave guide for a series of LEDs in the base of the light.Ultimately the red beam of light would be annoying, and would be far to narrow to be useful for anything -even ambience.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated -Thanks

post-3640-1132138168.jpg

post-3640-1132138206.jpg

Guest sixto62

I saw this segment in Deutsche Welle TV that white LEDs are already possible. The plexiglass thing is a neat idea but why not place the LEDs directly on the top? So that the light shines directly on the table top.

Guest Thathertz

i think if i went with the plexiglass idea I would use super-bright white LEDs. I prefer like them in the base of the light though, becuase it eliminates the need to run wires through the entire lamp. having the LEDs along the base would cause the lamp to glow along all of the edges of the plexiglass, much of thies effect would be lost if the lights were at the top. I'm not to sure how much stronger or more effective it would be to have them positioned at the top edge.

-kind of afraid it might tip over ...would have to adjust the geometry.

I think im still goging to try and work out some more ideas though niether of theese really satisfies me.

Thanks for the comment!

I will continue to update my progress on the project and will post the final product within the next 3 weeks or so. I am really looking for some HARSH constructive criticisim. Thanks