Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Urbatect

New Design Sketching Book.

Guest eco id

khusrouf,

I understand its a must have book. I just don't know why the website for the book isn't working? Is there any where else to purchase this book? half.com, barnes & noble, and amazon all are dumbfounded when you enter the ISBN into their search line. They all come up blank. The book is copyrighted 2005, so its not that new. Any clues?

Guest khusrouf

eco id,

I have no idea whats wrong with the website?? 2 months ago it was working perfectly.. maybe the guys at Umea could explain whats going on??

- I know how painful it is to get this one, I really had a hard time getting it, the website was working perfectly, but the paypal doesn't deal with my country, so there was no way to order it online....

- I tried to contact the guys at Umea, the email provided at the website, I guess they were afraid of transforming money through banks and so on, so no more connection with them..

- finally I had some relatives in italy who were able to give the ISBN and website add. to a big book store, which in turn orderd the book and sent back to me.

So to be honest, it's not the easiest catch :)

Maybe if you try to order it through one of the big book stores around you, it'll be the easiest way.. it'll cost alittle bit more, hopefully not more than 60$ overall..

tried the web address just now for you, not working :(

good luck man

Guest eco id

I found out what is wrong with the website for design sketching. The author of the book, Erik Olofsson found my questions on core77's forum and said that they are currently having troubles with their web hosting. The website should be back up and running in three weeks.

Guest eco id

evolve, sorry but I can't answer that question about amazon. He just told me that the web hosting is currently down and plans to have it up and running in three weeks. Until then order through paypal using orders@designsketching.com $55.00

loneleiguy, I have looked through it. There are some helpful tips contained within the book. I've heard great things about Design Sketching, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Guest evolve
evolve, sorry but I can't answer that question about amazon. He just told me that the web hosting is currently down and plans to have it up and running in three weeks. Until then order through paypal using orders@designsketching.com $55.00

Thank you.

Guest eco id

I received "Design Sketching" in the mail. I my opinion this book is by far better than alot that I have seen up to this point. 1, it's up to date and 2, it describes what medium was used to produce each visualization. I haven't had that much time to read through it yet, but the weekend is coming up shortly.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Guest thesandboxx

hey just checked out the site...seems like a great book...im studying jewelry design right now...and there are tons of books on that...tailored to rednering and sketching but this one looks great....should i buy?

Guest eco id

thesandboxx, in my opinion, yes! Not only will it help you with your sketching abilities it will also inspire you to become a finer visual artist.

OK the website seems to be working now.

Now which do I purchase, Hardcover or softcover. For those that have the hardcover will it lay flat on a table?

I think that is the only reason that I could justify the extra expense.

Thanks,

Muggs

Guest Napapiiri
Has anyone bought this book yet? Would be really interested to know how it reads etc, tempted to get it myself.

Charly

Hei Charly.

I bought the book straight away and I am amazed!

Full of high quality renderings and inspiration.

And finally its quite cheap.

cheers Bjorn