Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Urbatect

New Design Sketching Book.

Guest getthegimp

design sketching is cool. these modern sketches are stylish and inspirational. and its great to see the book incorporate digital media.

Guest Lacky

Figured I'd bump this. Just got it in the mail last night. Pretty @#$@#$ good!

Guest Nomex

Hi all,

I know this design sketching book, but I found another recent design sketching book:

"The Industrial Designer´s Guide to Sketching. Strategic use of sketching in the design process".

Website

Is there someone who knows both books, and how is this book compared to the New Design Sketching Book?

Thanks,

Nomex.

Guest loganu

Hey Everyone,

This is a great book. All the pictures are of student's work, from a school in Europe (I think Sweden, but I'm not sure). Our teachers have been using this book to help us in our rendering class, and it has been quite helpful. You have to order it online as far as I know, but it ships fast. The pictures are all really well drawn, and I'm gonna buy it once I get some cash.

Guest antigravity11

Absolutely essential ID reading. I cant put it down.

And yes, my sketching has improved! It advises you on what media can be appropriate. (i.e. using coloured pencils instead of graphite ones, white coloured pencil upon marker for highlights, etc.)

strongly recommend that any ID student purchases it.

Guest m4rtyn

hi there,

it took 2 days to ship to UK. I'm about to go into my final year of university and this is absolutely essential if you need sketching inspiration. I would say its a must for any product/industrial designer.

Guest ThReeQuEstiOnS

Can you order this book from anywhere else apart from there website? It appears to be down.

Guest michael*

the site was down yesterday but its working now as i have just ordered a copy.

i hope it gets here in 2days!

im going into my final yr of IPD and i welcome any chance to improve my sketching abilities.

Guest eco id

I have tried opening the link for www.designsketching.com in safari, firefox and internet explorer and none of them work for some reason. Has anyone had any luck buying this book lately? I want to buy it now that I have the money to purchase it, but the link hasn't worked for the past three weeks that I have tried it. I can't find it on half.com, amazon, or barnes & noble. I would like a new copy so ebay is out of the question. Do any of you know what is going on with this website? Thanks in advance!

Guest eco id

I noticed when attempting to open the website again today that safari says it can't find the server to make the connection. Maybe the vendor went out of business or hasn't payed their hosting fee? Does anyone know what happened with this book?

Guest khusrouf

Hi all,

Design Sketching is more about tips and tricks book rather than a step-by-step book, if you want to improve your skills in sketching, get inspired, or have a visual feast before starting your own sketching sessions, definetly you should have a grab on that book.

if you're totaly new to the sketching thing, i guess design sketching is the second step after knowing more in depth about perspective and the other basics..

I really wish that it could give more details and going through the whole process from A-Z in the tutorials, I guess it would be a comprehensive sketching book then..

Over all, it's a must have book