Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Urbatect

New Design Sketching Book.

Guest Namssorg

Ooooo. Looks like a good one! Finally a modern update to those "HOW TO MARKER RENDER" books that came out in the 70s, where they showed you how to render a plastic and faux wood atari box. Oh and blinged out chrome, of course.

Guest charly_senn

Has anyone bought this book yet? Would be really interested to know how it reads etc, tempted to get it myself.

Charly

Guest Namssorg

I went in with 2 others and ordered the 'cheaper' 3-pack-- it should be on it's way, so I'll be sure and let you all know how it is.

Guest Dillon

Has anyone purchased this book yet? It looks good and I am waiting for a review before I purchase it. Thanks!

Guest rusty2084

Hey everyone just to let you know this book is great. I ordered it a couple of days ago and it arrived very quickly... The beginning of the book just runs through some quick sketching theory on different media and perspective...The book is then split up into little sections of different students work....All product design and car design. The students work shows examples of different ways to communicate your sketches, from quick diagramatic sketches to fully rendered products, each page also describes a little about the images and what media they used. The book then goes into a few tutorials on sketching and rendering, which are very useful to see each stage. The problem obviously with dick powell's book is that it was done in the 80's not to say that book is not useful, but obviously styles change and this book is far more up to date, ie the sketches look a lot more sleek. Although dick's book illustrates a lot more tutorials this book is far more inspirational, and on that basis alone it would be a great book for anyone that is interested in this subject to get.

Guest Simonr

Yeah ordered mine on Monday had it on Friday..

I could never get to grips with Dick Powells book.. This however is a great book, a really nice touch is mixing computer created/manipulated sketch work in with traditional media sketches, not something the traditionalists would usually do so its nice to see them treated equally here..

A fantastic book, I'd recommend it to anyone who feels their sketching lacks definition and style..

Guest Guido

Will someone please recommend a Graphics Tablet to me, and also is a pen and airbrush needed as well. I am assuming that Corel Painter is the software of choice?

Thanks in advance,

Guido

Will someone please recommend a Graphics Tablet to me, and also is a pen and airbrush needed as well. I am assuming that Corel Painter is the software of choice?

Thanks in advance,

Guido

Guido, this is the wrong topic for that, do a search in the 2D section of this forum, there are so many people asking this...

Guest sjaaaak

This is an amazing book. It shows many different styles and gives insight into the creation of the drawings. I guess the inspiration this book gives is just as helpfull as the theory behind the drawings. It nice to see so many different subjects drawn and in so many different styles.

Every designer should have this book!