Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AxelRod

Car In Solidworks

What a great first post! Blazin entry;) very cool model. Tell us more of your project. How do you model and what did you render in?

Guest AxelRod

I use Solidworks and PhotoWorks for rendering. The truck is mosty surfaces, but things like the grill and mirrors are solid. I like to use bluprints if possible, but this one was mosty by eye.

Here is an immage of the layout i used.

Bumpmaps in the walls, gound, marker lamps and headlights.

I used an environment map in the background, really makes the reflections snap.

The wheels use the new satin finish.

The flames are an EXTREMELY high res decal. If it was any bigger id run out of resources :).

There are NO lights in this scene, only the environment map with indirect illunination.

BTW nice tutorial Parel! :)

post-3609-1131184783.jpg

Guest AxelRod

Here is another i did just befor the truck

I wouldn't mind giving out any model files, just PM me and I would be glad to send you a copy.

post-3609-1131407914.jpg

post-3609-1131407993.jpg

post-3609-1131408008.jpg

Guest Rainbow-07

u r realy somthing man. i been working on solidworks from past 1.5 years but never dared to do something like that.if u don't mind can u send me the solidworks file, i would like to see the design steps.

my id: cm.rajeev@gmail.com

thanx in advance.

keep gooooing.

AxelRod, great work man, really nice modeling.

Can you tell a bit about the modeling proces? Some of the techniques you used?

Guest AxelRod

WOW! Thanks for all the comments!! It looks to me like the SolidWorks community is starved for information!! Due the the overwhelming requests for files, here is a link to download the models. PLEASE keep in mind that these models are for educational purposes only :). If would like to use my models for any publication besides this site, please PM me.

Here are the links...

EDIT 1/17/07: Thanks to Muggs, the files are now online again. Please use the following links. The files will be avail untill Jan, 2008.

55_ford.zip (98.5 MB bytes) =>

http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?...957bfc418873ece

Pantera_GTS_4.zip (53.8 MB bytes) =>

http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?...71d2a0341183e34

Guest Rainbow-07

I just saw those video clips u posted here, they r too good . What softwate u have used for that ( i mean u have both the motion stimulation and rendering) .I will be pleased if u post more of ur work (specialy on solidworks).

No shouting please- your Caps Lock is on. Please turn it off and edit your post or it will be deleted

sorry for that.

Guest AxelRod

The videos use:

SolidWorks (for the models),

CosmosMotion (for the physics),

Photoworks (textures, shadows, ect.),

Animator (To capture each frame from Cosmos, which photoworks renders, to put into an avi.)

The files were created to study the effects of a design change to the a-arms. They were part of a presentation that i did for virtual prototyping in 2003.

Guest AxelRod

If any one has any C&C about the models, please share. Im always looking for ways to improve my modeling.