Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yo1

Michael Ditullo Website

Guest Zampik

nice works... nice siple site, I can crit' just logo ((

tutorial section is very good simple explanation...

What about buy domai name? This site is not so small and really good works in there so it would merit some domain name)))))))))......

Guest yo1

I def have to get a domain name figured out. This started as a little sample site, but has grown a bit. added some projects in the product section:

Guest tomm

Wow you work for Jordan? NICE! I had a couple Js and a AJ jersey. I used to live in oregon as well, haha.

BTW did you take part in designing the XXs? Those are sick.

BTW2: youve just inspired me to design some shoes, Hope you can crit them a bit if you got time :)

Guest yo1

Thanx Tomm, glad to hear it inspired you to do some footwear. That's the beauty of the internet, when I was a student (takes long distant look at horizon and sighs) there was no internet, not the way it is today. It was difficult to see the level that professionals operate at. The web really brings the design community together.

I didn't work on the XX's. They where designed by Tinker Hatfield. The master. He designed the III - the XV, and the XX. My director did the XXI (due out in a few weeks) I did the XXISE (special edition)

Guest ditman

thanks yo1, its a savage site, thanks for the tutorials, its given me some ideas :)

its great to see a professional handing down information and tips!! thanks again!!

Guest yo1

Thanx guys. I've added a few videos in the footwear section (under research) and one in the transportation section.

Guest blake

Outstanding on every level.

I have a suggestion for fixing the image quality, having done some websites which include product.

1) Open your original images in photoshop (jpeg, tiff, psd), assuming you still have them in one of these formats.

2) In the preferences, set your units/rulers to pixels

3) go to Image/Image Size and make sure your images are at least 72 dpi at 100% the size you want (they can be much larger dpi as long as they are the right dimension, we'll fix it in the next step)

4) go to File/Save for Web

5) Here you are presented with some options. For starters, in the right hand option boxes, set the file type to jpeg, and the quality to 100%. I don't know how it works, but it magically reduces the file size of your images, keeping them at screen res, with usually no sign of visual degredation.

After this you need only click "save" and name the file. I work on a mac, so if you're on a PC the interface may vary slightly. Drop me an email if you want me to elaborate on anything (I know a few good tricks). Your work rocks, and it deserves to be presented crisply.

By the way...

I'd love your feedback on my portfolio "Give me your worst, does my portfolio have what it takes?"

b

Guest yo1

Thanx man, the s!tty images are a result of I actually constructed these pages in powerpoint and exported them as .giffs (jepg distorted for some reason), I didn't realize how pixelated it all was until I exported the site. I am in the process of re-exporting them as jpegs and post correcting the distortion and then doiing the save for web deal (love that)... I am on a mac though so at least I got that right!

Guest rodanx86

Looking good, Yo, and BTW, I appreciate the professionalism you bring to some of the core77 threads. Its good that you can contribute here as well.

*bookmarked your site....

Guest yo1

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I just feel like the web is such a great medium to share ideas, and really push each other, when we might never actually ever meet, or be on the same continent. It kills me to see people use as a medium just to put others down.

I try to get over to this part of the web when I can. There are some great tutorials, and the atmosphere really encourages people showing their work.

Guest w i l l

I'm sorry that there has to be a negative comment but I think that all the products are very 'Nike' in their styling and I dont really like Nike because I think that the products in general are a bit kitch (apart from the classic Nikes with the big tick and the concept of the air max 95). Are Nike shoe designers mainly product designers or fashion designers? I understand that Nike design shoes with a big emphasis on function for sport etc but I get the impression that they dont research into true fashion trends outside of the US. I'm not sure if Nike realise this but in the UK Nike are seen as uncool in a lot of social groups (unless you're wearing an oldskool design). If Nike want their shoes to fit in with the fashion of youth groups then they should really study these groups in Europe and maybe do research based on music groups... because often thats where these trends develop from. Not everyone is into Hip Hop and sport if you know what I mean.

If Nike had a design studio based in the UK (or Scandinavia, or Australia) that really understood the trends of young people they really would double their sales. Someone should definitely make good use of that tick.

Guest yo1

Are you talking about Nike's in general or the ones I'v done?

Regardless. To answer your points, of which you make a couple of good ones:

Nike designers are MAINLY product designers solving functional sport problems, but if you dig around you can find plenty of lifestyle product.

We can always improve, it's not a perfect company, but I might mention that the UK is one of our biggest European markets and with over 12 billion in sales globally (twice our next competitor) I got to think we are doing something right.

Not everyone IS into hip hop... what, for real?

Nike has a design studio outside of Amsterdam.

Guest w i l l

I'm sorry but I wouldn't buy any Nike's including your designs, except for the old style classic designs. The UK is bound to be one of Nike's biggest European markets (it probably is for adidas, puma etc as well), but that doesnt mean that Nike are selling as many as they could. There are a lot of social groups that wouldn't buy 95% of Nike products (not just shoes).

Guest yo1

No need to apologize (twice), everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is impossible to be all things to all people.