Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yo1

Michael Ditullo Website

Guest yo1

still a WIP, I've been working this small site, still kind of a collection of samples, I hope to be adding some more photos this week. I'd love to hear any feedback, thoughts for improvements and such:

Yo- awesome work! Cant crit it. I think I'll let the market do the crits on your work :) very sensitive lines and form development. Your portfolio on the other hand lacks the sensitivity that you show in your products. I know that none of us should really have to learn the ins and outs of web-design , but nevertheless, here are some suggestions:

Decrease the size of the logo and interface. They take up an inordinate amount of space. Space that should be filled with professional work.

Your name is on every page, and the terms "product.automotive.footwear.transportation.design" The terms are reduntant and should be removed. Perhaps you can keep it on the splash page. If you do, it should be in the font of your graphic identity

Your identity is inconsistent, and should be better designed. I honestly have not immersed myself in fonts and graphic design to pinpoint exactly what I dont like, but the fonts are not "contemporary" and neither is the navigation bar. Though it is a WIP, you should move beyond the vanilla flavor of the template.

Not a big fan of the logo. Though it is a stong graphic, the logo seems a little heavy-handed.

I want a story. Your philosophy states that form should be a conveyence of a message even on the subconscious level. I agree with that, and would like to see an explanation of the message that you are putting across on the behalf of your clients and the process of coming to the final point

This is still essentially a skills portfolio that shows that indeed you can sketch. The though process behind the various projects would help, even if it is just one exemplar. Again- awesome work, we want to see more!

:bowdown: amazing work! really attractive footwear designs.

your logo looks outdated to me compared to your work..anyways i suggest to move the logo to the left side under the links for a more balanced site composition.

Guest yo1

... updated some of the stuff, been lagging on this honestly. Thanx for the input. I'm learning as I'm going here...

Guest yo1

Its kind of a pain in the a$$ dude, but it is nice to hae somewhere to direct people other than a coroflot thing. I noticed not all of the pages show up on my internet explorer, but they do on Mac Safari.... I need to check that out on some other PC's. I found this cheap little program called Rapidweaver, super simple, its kind of the Powerpoint of web software. You can make a site in like 4 hours, but there is a alot of cheasy stuff in there...

Guest benko

Really nice work michael .

i really like your stronge design language , specially for the different outsole , ( the stripes thing ) but i also really like the fluidity of the lines in all the nike you did .

For my two cents , i will put the last stuff on the first line , like a CV , just to catch the attention (* like the jordan bag on first for example in the product section) , cause its a nice progression but generally you wanna show the best stuff on first and generally the best is the last . was my two cents

by the way i like your ability to draw a lot of different producsts , from cars to shoes to whatever , interesting .

Guest Thathertz

Humbling.

As I compile my portfolio, for entrance to the Bachelors program at my school I find myslef truley humbled and insipred by the range and quality of work in your portfolio.

Nice update. One question, all of your pix are grainy except for the sketch page. The other pix are all gifs, that may be what's doing it. The clear sketch page is a jpg so that must be the difference. From what I hear the only advantage of gifs over jpgs is transparency and animation. Other than that, might want to make all of the others jpgs also. Happy new year!

gifs are nice when you have high contrast images. Logos and monochromes look good and compress down real well. Jpegs are much better for photographs and sketches with subtle color shifts. Skinny is right about the image quality. Initially I thought that you had compressed the images too much.