Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
parel

Parel's Portfolio

Thanks guys. Does anyone know where I can put these sldprt files so that they can be shared? they actuallly ended up being pretty long render-times. The transluscencies seem to take a while to render. I added the blurs in Photoshop

RXB: Thanks- actually I removed the HDRI scene because it was too bright, and used my simple regular setup

Will: I did not do that particular technique because the shape is relatively simple.

I did a circular marquee selection around the area that would be in sharp focus. Select>Feather to about 200 pixels. Then Ctrl I to select the inverse and Gaussian blurred the area.

I'll see if I can post more Wips of that process here.

Guest w i l l

Ok cheers. I understand that technique just not the one using green in Photoshop. Is there a technical name for that blur effect/process that I can look up?

The process really is the Solidworks equivalent of a green screen. So in that case when an actor is in front of a green screen all that is green is erased.

Tweaking that principle a little, You use the green (or percentages of green to erase away from a blurred layer on top. The depth option in Solidworks can render things that are beyond a certain distance as solid green and feathers that green back to regular color at a distance you set.

So the blurred layer can have smooth areas erased from it in a mathematical manner rather than eyeballing. The sharp layer underneath will show through the gaps in the blurred layer.

To select the green use Select> Color Selection.

Guest RXB

Isnt the green thing similar to Quick mask in Photoshop? you know press q and the image goes a hazy red, where you start erasing sections to isolate or get a selection area.

Guest Coppi51

Nice renders...are those from SW 2007?

Curious if there are any noticeable improvements over '06...