Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
parel

Parel's Portfolio

Guest nate

wow!!!

your work is always top noch - folio is great.

never really asked this but how long ago did you graduate?

a folio to be proud of ;)

yo1- I agree with the mouse scale not being apparent. Perhaps I should an wrist/hand outline in the process pages. a Logitech or Microsoft logo even on the render might do the trick like you said

Nate- thanks:) Sept 9th 2001 from The Ohio State University. Two days after which there was no job to be had for love or money.

Guest yo1

it could be the perspective, it is kind of a low perspective to view a mouse at, but it does show the features.... whatever though dude, its still hot you know.... ahhh, an Ohio State guy. I had the same experience when I graduated in '98 (RISD)... I think ID is just hard to break into unless you are in the right place at the right time.

Guest Bbarn
haha- I actually was thinking on those lines when designing it. Kind of like Knight Rider and Super Pursuit mode(wait till the end of the clip). But I thought against it because of all the extra componentry that would have to go into it. Instead my wife suggested that ther be a simple lock on the tilting mechanism for out of gaming use.

As far as Logitech is concerned- who knows what they have up their sleeves- but you saw it her first ;) right? I didnt actually set out to design the mouse. Fred Pipes the author of a Design rendering book asked me to do a set of images for a book he was writing. He had suggested repeating the mouse tutorial. So I wanted to do a mouse rendering that would look good in a decade. Hopefully if it looks like nothing else on the market- it wont date itself.

So was this design rendering book ever printed?

Guest tom_j_owen

@#$@#$ me parel your work is GOOD! VERY GOOD!

how long have you been in this game now?

tom

@#$@#$ me parel your work is GOOD! VERY GOOD!

how long have you been in this game now?

tom

->

yo1- I agree with the mouse scale not being apparent. Perhaps I should an wrist/hand outline in the process pages. a Logitech or Microsoft logo even on the render might do the trick like you said

Nate- thanks:) Sept 9th 2001 from The Ohio State University. Two days after which there was no job to be had for love or money.

;)

Guest Thathertz
The book is being written. The out of print edition can be found here

Thats the only book my local Library has on rendering.

Here is some work I did for www.genometri.com The work involved creating render studios and testing the program out for them. It is an iteration generator that runs off of Solidworks. Very intersting stuff

post-313-1142907514.jpg

post-313-1142907682.jpg