Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
parel

Parel's Portfolio

This is a finished render that I did for an upcoming book. Was fun. Rough surfaces done in Solidworks, rendered, and then detailed in Painter and Photoshop.

Wallpaper

post-313-1134640497.jpg

Yeah- it is a mouse for gamers. You could strafe or assign special movement to tilting the top of the mouse. I am pretty happy about the way it looks and the general idea.

Guest Travisimo

That is really nice Parel!

I wonder how it feels in the hand with all thoose hard edges, though. I know a few mouse designers and ergonomics is a huge concern for them.. that doesn't matter for being featured in a magazine.

fantastic image man

Guest Travisimo

Hey, there's been something I wanted to ask you and some of the other guys posting great concept work up here

I imagine you have dayjobs and you do these outside of work. If your work is like mine, its long days of focusing on projects. How do you get yourself pumped after work to get inspired for your fun design explorations... me, I feel kind of burned out sometimes doing the work + afterwork design marathons

any advice?

Skinny: I am not worried about pinching because the top only tilts at the tip, at a hinge that is invisible in the renders view. The track that is visible was intended to be locked down for left haded or right handed use. But I guess that it could rock as well

Travisimo: Yeah it can take up a little time doing work outside of work. I think that you might notice that with most people heavy involvement in projects outside work waxes and wanes. I guess you have to set strict deadlines so that you dont overwork. Sometimes I feel though that I am on the edge of burning :) Then I just go and watch a movie. Outside activities can help too. My wife and kid are abroad now- so I have a little more time than I do normally. So there are many factors. I hear you about getting rest at the end of the day.

Actually now that I think about it your workplace has a HUGE impact on how much energy you have. CCi is an awesome place to work. The guys I work with give me energy rather than take it away. That is hard to find. At the end of the day it feels like I have done useful work- not like I have been pounded down. I guess I got lucky.

I was working on potential covers for the future. Experimented with Solidworks, Photoshop and Painter.

Looks pretty interesting yet simple

coverlores8xg.jpg

that mouse concept is really interesting..never seen that before

it will be cool if that thing can close and open like a beetle (2 modes)

logitech may see this innovative concept..or you should do something about it before the idea is stolen. what do you think about the feasibility?

haha- I actually was thinking on those lines when designing it. Kind of like Knight Rider and Super Pursuit mode(wait till the end of the clip). But I thought against it because of all the extra componentry that would have to go into it. Instead my wife suggested that ther be a simple lock on the tilting mechanism for out of gaming use.

As far as Logitech is concerned- who knows what they have up their sleeves- but you saw it her first :) right? I didnt actually set out to design the mouse. Fred Pipes the author of a Design rendering book asked me to do a set of images for a book he was writing. He had suggested repeating the mouse tutorial. So I wanted to do a mouse rendering that would look good in a decade. Hopefully if it looks like nothing else on the market- it wont date itself.

Guest yo1

that mouse is hot. Might want to have something in the render that lends scale, could be as simple as a logo on the top of a known peripheral manufacturer, or some grip tecture on the buttons... only because I thought it was a spaceship at first... maybe I should watch less sci fi...

I love the design and the render. nice work.