Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
parel

Parel's Portfolio

coverlores8xg.jpg

Here are some projects I worked on. Ill keep adding to the front and to the end of the thread,

so that you can critique the work as well.

post-313-1129684035.jpg

thomasparelwilliamsandsonoma2c.jpg

post-313-1129683994.jpg

thomasparelridgidideasilver0ys.jpg

post-313-1129684015.jpg

thomaspareldesignintent6sg.jpg

thomaspareltulip34gw.jpg

temperatureshiftpg88rg.jpg

Link to corefolio

Follow this thread for more work

post-313-1129684085.jpg

Very nice to see those production models, and a very nice monkey that is :)

Of course we know your sketchwork but for a portfolio maybe you can include some more of those (perhaps you were already planning on doing that).

Guest abhinav

great work indeed.. m really impressed with ur sketchwork as well as photoshop skills.. keep it up.

Guest Napman

lmao @ the monkey... nice one bro :)

The rest... they kick ass, some nice renders you've got there!

hope your portfolio gets online quick so we can se some more work of yours...

Good luck!

Guest Travisimo

After seeing all your work on these boards over the last couple of months, it's obvious you're a good designer. I wonder what your objective is to post thoose particular images; showing some cool stuff you've designed or feeling for potential employers?

If it was for work... if someone brought these pictures in my office or any of my former supervior's offices, the questions would be A) exactly what role did you play in the development of that product - what you did to arrive at this nice product, and by doing that, what you could do in a new organization and :) whether I could work with you. If I could dare to offer advice...

first, your quick sketches rock. you should show more, as others said above.

second, I personally find some of your posts, such as the Solidworks tutorial on the mouse, very effective. The ability to think though a problem and spit out an understandable end product shows valuable skills; much more than spicing up an illustration. The SW tutorial shows that you can design a cool mouse, know the software inside and out, and can effectively communicate complex ideas from a leadership role. Even if you aren't a senior guy yet, thoose are characteristics of a person that management would want working for them; the kind of workers that could make things happen. It might add breadth to your online presence to show something like that...

Just my 2 cents

(ps - Parel, you've seen my coroflot thing which is some random images I threw out there, but my real folio shows these ideas and what I can do for a future employer)

Yeah- I completely agree with you Travisimo. Unfortunately due to the nature of my contract, I can only show the final product. Hence the (hopefully) cool close-ups and glamour shots.

However you might want to consider a similar approach on a digital portfolio like coroflot, as I consider 5 images to be bait. Nice and juicy, tasty and flashy. The hook hiding inside the bait- that captures someone, is the process and thought.

Napman :) thanx.

I drew the monkey to make my wife laugh. :)

Here are some pics from my entry to the startsomethingpc.com competition. I only found out about the competition 2 weeks before the deadline so I spent quite a few evenings putting this together. BTW I love www.colorblender.com website. It was really helpful in suggesting directions for color choice.

pg2users4jj.jpg

pg3orthos6qk.jpg

pg4sketchesinxels9rh.jpg

pg5fullscreen2kv.jpg

pg10rear4lo.jpg

pg6internainterface9ev.jpg

pg7eyesdilated2sy.jpg

pg8eyessecurity0hr.jpg

pg9eyesgaming6pg.jpg

pg11goodnight2rb.jpg

Guest lufrbasketch

wow, amazing stuff, I love the idea behind Olive. Really nice presentation of it,especially the up close and personal shots of the penultimate 3 images. Great stuff

Guest longodo

I love da car rendering...monkey is pretty cool as well...

I guess lots products has been sold by ur design...^^"