Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kidino

:::CHIPSTER:::

Guest Xriry

nice rendering, what did you have in mind for its construction.

-to me, it looks like a ridgid plastic shell, (the white part) and the actual seating area would be cool if it was some sort of a gel with a neoprene covering.

Guest Random Designer

Hmm, comfortable perhaps, but that would be a very weird feeling!

Nice shape by the way. (Do they come in black? :D)

Guest retrokitsch

nice shape!! inciting to do nothing and watch TV :rolleyes:

The render is very good, there is an area shadow a bit too dark, is that cinema 4d ?

The render is very good, there is an area shadow a bit too dark, is that cinema 4d ?

That's probably because of the lighting setup, which is perhaps a little bit dark if you look at the ground shadow as well.

But nice render nonetheless, and a cool chair indeed.

But as Xriry mentioned, the shape is cool, but I wonder how you will plan to make it like this and which materials you would use.

Guest kidino

Hi everybody, (sorry for my english !!)

I huse 3ds6 but I dont like make a render, and when I see the Retrokitsch work I've a complexe :rolleyes:

My inspiration for whis chair is a Danone aperitif cookie ( it' real !! :D)

http://www.danone.fr/cmscache/MYSESSION~A9...MultipackGD.jpg

The white part is in plastic (rotomolding) and now the seating part is in sort of gel (thank XRIRY)

post-4-1094024564.jpg

Guest retrokitsch

Kidino: That's not hard to make a render like me, just enable radiosity :rolleyes:

I like your idea about the chips shape! I have seen in your website that you have a lot of ideas, I love the tooth chair!

Guest yeddeync

What if it had a cup holder come out of the front bottom area. I can always use a drink when i am playing games. ;)

Guest littlecog

A beautiful form with a compelling logic to it. In reply to Xrirv's comment I would say please no gel and Lycra. That combo has existed in bicycle saddles for a long time and gets to look real ratty in a very short time. A product like this will likely used by a younger demographic (mainly guys) and so needs a bomb proof covering to handle all the beer and pizza that will get spilled on it.