Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGA

AD's Sketches

Guest «AD»

This remote is not supposed to be held, it's affixed to your palm just like a wristwatch to the wrist, with a closing mechanism and all :D

Thus you won't need to hold it, cos it's just there-

Guest amit patankar1

hi all,

This is amit, PG student of product design,National Institute of Design,India.

I'm New to the list. find my portfolio at www.coroflot.com/amitpatankar

www.coroflot.com/amitpatankar1

Nice to see all the AI, PS etc. work.

This conceptcar is rendered in PS. critiques are welcomed.

post-23-1103605465.jpg

hey amit, that's nice man, but maybe it's better if you post your sketches in a new topic, because this is AD's topic to show some of his car sketches :)

Oh, and don't forget to introduce yourself if you want in the sticky topic Introduction, you can find it in the Forum Lounge :)

Guest «AD»

lol, everyone wants to hijack MY thread...lol

well, I'll try and change the name :)

Guest ourclassics

a lot of great work displayed by various artists/designers, most of which are strickingly realistic. I have a lot of appreciation for these arts/designs, so many geniuses out over here.

But I have a strong feeling that are these are the only ways of artistic expression? i.e. whether it is defined strictly that a product design should be like this, illustration should be like that, and so and so for rendering, styling, etc.

What I mean is whether there are totally different (creative) paths of design expression as there totally different forms of design. Experts please clarify.

(I'm finding difficult to pen down words on what I feel as my mother tongue is not english)

Guest «AD»

latest:

divrenderlow3xz.jpg

please crit

(except for the wheels, I f*ed them up)

Guest «AD»

divfrontrenderre9jy.jpg

well, here you go, front render of minor quality

the former is pencil + ps, the latter is pencil, marker, and no ps....

Looks pretty good, but its a bit hard to understand it in 3D form, things are just a bit blurry.

I reckon you should draw this in a bigger scale, drawing on like A3, buy an A3 sketch book. Because size does matter, when its bigger you have greater control over details. It might take a bit longer but thats how comic ink artist do, they drawing in really large scale and they shrink it into smaller size, that results in clean crisp detail works.

Guest «AD»

the only problem then is....I've only got an A4-scanner, and digital photographs just don't have the same quality as scanned pics...

and btw, I was used to A2, I always drew on calendar's backsides :D

Guest «AD»

well that's still more work to do than with A4....but yeah...right...

Guest «AD»

divfrontrenderlow5xl.jpg

merde, one can see where I erased parts of the drawings....well...

Guest «AD»

ok guys....

I've been having a bad time, I don't feel good and my face hurts.

I fell down some stairs, my knee hurts a bit but my left foot's the one with the major problems.

I am in no mood to design, but today, for a time, I concentrated on:

SKODA.

Well, dunno if anyone of you guys in America know that firm, here in Austria it's established pretty well, having great cost efficiency with the Octavia's middle class appeal for a Golf-platform based car. VW is Skoda's big brother, Skoda being the low-quality sector of the firm.

That's why:

The logo sucks.

And the quality of assembly, too.

And with a Skoda, you are happily acquainted with NOISE.

The motor's noise makes the passenger's words as perceivable as on a dancefloor.

I know, it won't happen anytime soon, but IF EVER, and only in my dreams, Skoda decides to go for a bit more than crappy quality, then:

The name should be altered to the more classy and traditional name "Laurin & Klement", the founders of Skoda, afaik. There is a Laurin&Klement Edition of a Skoda Octavia, something like the highend of Octavia, I have driven it, all it's got is beige interior, still, at higher speeds the winds of change and the motor make conversation impossible.

As a result, the astonishingly ugly logo with that green THING can be changed to a chrome "L&K"

That green thing that defies any endeavours with the aim of identification has its origins in an Indian's head.

I found a graphic on some russian website. Kinda funny...this evolution.

Yeah well...

And then the design:

I've got loads of sketches around here, none of which actually looks good enough, except the one for the coupé...

lkcoupelow6op.jpg

I also designed a new front for those bland skodas, but the sketch is not ready for publishing :(

Also I'm not quite sure where to put the headlights...and HOW exactly they should look like, but...even IF I leave this project as it is, I think....I've done something good today :(