Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGA

AD's Sketches

Guest veloce

not bad! are you using a tablet? Perhaps try to define the surfaces a bit more in PS.

keep it up dude!!!

Guest «AD»

Sorry, no tablet at my disposal, although NOW I'd have the money for one...

still, I don't think I will use it that much the enxt 2 weeks before the army...

btw, I worked on the bike...it's far from perfect, and I think I should render with masks and gradient tools, and then blur, and not the way I do it now: just brushing around, normal/darken/lighten/color burn

Well, that's it...

moto3-refrel-low.jpg

Guest «AD»

A question:

The guys over at cdn.com told me this cycle reminded them of a scooter, because of the short wheelbase...

Now...I understand that there's a short wheelbase, cos I compared with some pics on the net of Ducatis, and- well, I gotta admit it's pretty short.

Still- I can't think of this as a scooter- now what do you think?

I think this is just a compact motorcycle- but a scooter looks like something completely different imho...

so right now...I'm sad. :D

well, it doesn't matter, I like the design B)

To be honest I can't think of why you could confuse this with a scooter.. perhaps a dirtbike, but not a scooter.. scooters are much lower to the ground and although they might have a short wheelbase, their wheels are also relatively small, so you don't really notice the short wheelbase.

If I were to make any changes to your bike drawing, I would make it a little bit lower, I think bikes are usually a bit lower to the ground that you have drawn, and I would take another look at where the steering collumns connect with your handlebars. A thinner frontwheel would also help I think, usually bikes have thin front wheels so they can turn them more easily, and fatter rear wheels for the road contact.

Guest «AD»

okay,...

The wide front wheel is something pretty obvious- I'll remember that :D

And about the steering columns...lol well, I just drew them absolutely ignorant of how this works...

Hm, and about the ground clearance:

I don't know what happened to me, but ever since I was in Frankfurt, my cars get higher and higher, and also have bigger wheels. Before Frankfurt my cars had no ground clearance at all- they were glued to the street (click )....

Well, that's the way it is B)

Ah yes, I was told the "normal" wheel base for a motorcycle is about 3 and a half wheels, i.e. between the two wheels there's supposed to be space for one and a half wheels- my body only has room for one wheel..

And thanks again for the hints B)

Guest «AD»

Hm....

well, it's been a while, and it WILL be another while....

So, here it is, preliminary sketch of a Maybach Coupé.

maybachcoupelow.jpg

Ah, very long hood, i thought it was the cadilac sixteen at first. Did you do that on purpose? If not, you can figure out the middle of your groundplane by simply drawing a cross in the plane, from corner to corner. The middle would be the sectionpoint. from there on you can do that some more times to figure out where the window would start en the hood would end.

Anyways, I think it looks cool, I like long hoods on cars at the moment :D

Guest «AD»

The long hood was designed on purpose, don't worry! :D

The problem was how to bring class into a sports car, and the answer was a long hood.

What I'll do next is clean up the linework (tracing), maybe render it, and perhaps change the headlights

Guest «AD»

well....

I'm not dead.

I'm still alive....

but there's no time for designing.

I gotta LEARN for the army...tsss.... :lol:

but well. today, for the first time in months, my fingers got hold of a pencil again, and I drew stuff. not very good, not too elaborate, cos I'm simply not in the mood for doing perfect stuff, but well...just getting some ideas on the paper.

some for citroen, which will still have to be worked on, but the one I scanned and worked on right now is an idea for a Nissan Primera.

Dunno if this car is called Primera all over the world, but it's Nissan's middle class, and-well,

The front is meant to be something like the Murano's,....

yeah...so..just telling you I'm still alive, and maybe I'll draw more often now...

nissanprimera1.jpg

Guest «AD»

upcoming:

Citroen Coupe

Pinzgauer 2004

Puch G

stay tuned, I think I'll upload some sketches on Tuesday.

Tuesday eh? cool, your sketch you posted above works pretty well, maybe I would work on the smudgy reflection on the hood a bit, and make sure the reflection doesn't continue straight along the surface of the car (I mean, the edges of the reflection don't jump when they go from the one to the other surface).

Guest «AD»

well....

this is the Puch I wanted to clean up those last few days.

Somehow I didn't ....

So you'll get to see the original drawing....

u0lpuchg21low.jpg

Guest «AD»

thanks lanjo ^_^

I'll keep the back wheel in mind

in the meantime-

the promised Citroen Coupé

a sketch-. I'll clean it up in PS now.

s8ocitroencoupe2low.jpg