Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGA

AD's Sketches

Guest «AD»

Hi!

I'm new around here- and actually it feels pretty strange for me to show you my works, cos they're just not ... on the same level.

I'm 18 and I've been drawing since I was a child, with some minor pauses, maybe a year or two.

Well, all I've done so far is sketching, and actually there's no sketch that's good enough to be seen around here- but well, I hope you can help me...

erm...

yeah, I'll start off with my portfolio, which is about the best I can offer you in terms of quality. unfortunately.

Well, there are some other things, for instance the part of my portfolio that I used for my final exams:

collage.JPG

(hope it's not too big)

there's some stuff in there, that was made for my teacher specifically, cos he's rather crazy, and so I had to do something more "artistic", like the one on the upper left corner, or the pic of Laetitia Casta with the EAN Code on her forehead. And another thing...just don't look at that Nike shoes...god, I don't believe they're still in there!

Other than that...

A collage of what I did for the 7-series BMW ( as partly seen in my portfolio)

BMW 7

Yeah...

Then there's a preliminary sketch ( only inverted, cos it had a better effect) for a beach chair ( wonder if that's the right term- I'll just have to rely on google's translation on that one :D) :

liegestuhlmod-low.jpg

Hm...Yeah, and don't worry about the line quality on that last one- well, in fact, DO worry about it, but this is an "old" pic- somewhen early this year, and I think there's been some development since then.

Hm...and here's a nude ( hope that's okay) I drew yesterday...she's lying on her stomach reading a book, so you actually don't see that much....it was more of an exercise on proportions- the result was, that the thighs look very thin...:

*klick*

Oh yeah, in case you wonder- I've just finished school, I'm not studying anything yet, and I've got another year before starting to study, cos I have to go to the army...

So, maybe you can give me some advice...I'll take it into active consideration...

And I need all the advice you've got to offer!

Thanks in advance!

Guest «AD»

lol

yeah- lol

But there's no brainwashing in Austria's army. :rolleyes:

I think I've got a pretty cool job in the army- I'll be in the office all the time, and the office hours are quite okay...Also, I'm stationed pretty " in my neighborhood", so there's the possibility to sleep at home.

Thus, enough time for sketching...

:D

Guest Tim

dont get down on yourself. Your are better than the some of the guy coming into my school. It just takes practice. One day youll sketch and then the next day everythign you do will be awesome. Itll just click and youll be super happy. In fact i'm still working on sketching.

I noticed your shoes. They are a tough thing to draw. A tip i found was to draw an elipse on the ground plane where the ball of the foot goes and then a smaller one for the heel. From there you can establish where to go.

Guest «AD»

TFT1.jpg

rimless TFT-display....if that's the word...

if you remember the trend several years ago, when the first rimless sunglasses were released ( by Silhouette)...

that's the same idea...

for retrokitsch:

rimless OLED-display :D

cos OLED is the future, and TFT is history :)

Guest «AD»

guys, you oughtta help me-

it's about that rimless display, I just don't get the display to look like glass- or plastic for that matter...

How do you create a visual effect similar to the surface of a monitor? thanks

analogue or digital- doesn't matter

Ah, not as hard as you might think.. take a good look at the windows of cars.. you can obscure for example the left area of the window behind a white area and make the right area visible..

a random image I found on google:

http://www.max3d.pl/konkurs/prace_2002/Mar...rsche%20f&f.jpg

You can simplify those reflections, just a dark grey area would be enough..

Guest «AD»

yeah, I tried that, but somehow it doesn't look good!

Also, I just can't do a decent drawing of this monitor...it's strange, I just can't do it...like I had a drawing crisis or so...it just doesn't FLOW :D

Guest «AD»

another sketch- worked pretty hard on it, considering line quality and stuff, also it wasn't really easy to finally have the design look ok from this perspective...

back view coming up---maybe :D

citroencoupe1-low.jpg

citroencoupefinal1.jpg

Guest «AD»

3787.jpg

my latest...the wheels were too hard on me and I wasn't in the mood for constructing them, so I decided to get that car an "I, Robot"-style- driving on orbs.

I think I kinda exaggerated on the lighting, but I don't know why- my works always look better when they're displayed small...all the mistakes are gone :P

btw, the cage around the driver cabin SHOULD be glowing, but just glowing...maybe I'll make a "night shot" of it, so this is presented more clearly

I want to apologize for the condome-thread, it was not meant to be offending anyone.

another thing- on a personal note:

I see a lot of people presenting themselves, but not posting answers/ crits or discussing- I don't think that's okay, though this is a known phenomenon around "artist's" forums. :P

comments on the last sketch:

you should certainly try a dark background for doing that glow effect. for now, it doesn't work at all.

your linework is pretty good though

I see a lot of people presenting themselves, but not posting answers/ crits or discussing- I don't think that's okay, though this is a known phenomenon around "artist's" forums.

if you response more on other's people work, u might get more responses on ur work

Ah the glowing, yeah perhaps it'll be more clear on a totally black background.. and then, perhaps you can slightly lighten the area in front of th e left side of the car, to show the light bouncing from the side of the car on the ground. Yup, try that..

About the condom thread, don't sweat it :P

About other people participating.. it's what happens on forums, look at a forum like CGTalk, 100,000 members, but not nearly as much active members.

Guest «AD»

Thanks for the hints, I always need a litlle while before I answer - was busy :P

erm, now that I look at it, and see the original drawing, I kinda ask myself how it could come that far...lol

here's the original sketch- just edited with color balance...

2035-1.jpg

and the original sketch:

2035-orig.jpg

edit: just sketched the third motorcycle I ever did ( you don't wanna see the first two :P)...erm, I don't know how one's supposed to drive with it, cos I don't really know anything about them- I just know they are nice to look at sometimes :P

moto3-1.jpg

Guest «AD»

Hi there!

I refined the motorcycle a bit, and tried to render it in PS- here's the result:

moto3-ref-low.jpg

please crit!

Guest Random Designer

I think I prefer the line drawing of the bike, as it looks a little blurry when coloured like that. Not fast-blurry, just fuzzy.

Nice though. :P