Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 03: Speakers

Guest «AD»

lol, what is it with you people?

I mean, I hope it doesn't matter that much to you, fabsman, or anybody else, but I just gotta say this:

If I don't like something about a design here ( not too often, but still...), I go ahead and say it.

If there's something considering the practical, functional approach that might pose a problem, I go ahead and say it.

Not that I'm an expert, and not that it's a designer's job to please everybody, but you designers ( don't dare counting me as one ;) ) should please almost everybody. in order to achieve something, for success!

And you can get better when there's critiques!

*sigh*

a load off my shoulders :rolleyes:

No problem, if you don't like a sketch or design, that's ok to say.

As long as comments are constructive we don't have a problem with anything.

oh these are pretty cool, I would try a different place for the wire though.. from the back or the side perhaps, though there it might be in the way when you want to put it in a bookcase or against a wall..

Guest Dot Kite

Dear aveepee,

I don't want to seem bad...but i don't think that the quality out from that speakers should be good! The woofers needs some closed space behind them to recycle the bass and then trasmit it out ! So, I don't think that someone could produce such speakers. By the way, the concept idea as waikit said to restore some books or other stuff is nice !

Please take my comments as a positive and constructive !

Best Regards

Guest fabsman

Yes, i fully agree with you there dot kite, that's absolutely correct what you have said, but maybe aveepee could use some sort of glass or even transparent plastic plates, that would be a good thing, because it wouldn't damage the fantastic clear design of those speakers and the speakers could work like traditionell ones, without losing any soundwaves.

Guest «AD»

I read an article about hidden speakers today, it was rather...semi-professionally written, but nonetheless, it is possible to have speakers that way.

Still, as mentioned above, I don't wanna have to cut back in terms of quality, because there just HAS to be a body for the bass. And I, as a fan of Massive Attack, I just have to have bass. All the Bang&Olufsen speakers so far might be wonderful designs, but the bass isn't what I wanted. This changed with BeoLab3 and BeoLab5, cos they're completely different, the former being a cube, and the latter being the strangest loudspeaker-design ever, looking like some strange space-station:

beolab5_2.jpg

Guest «AD»

lol, now that's even cooler!

one more thing- remove the wire.

Sony's already selling wireless speakers that receive their signal via "radio"....erm...not the radio, but...radio....lol...lacking vocabulary :D

Guest retrokitsch

nice sketches all!!

->aveepee: I like the "simple" idea of the orange speakers, the color is tonic and joyfull, the shape is not complicated, but the black circles are too classical, I would try more innovative things. That's just an advice, and lol I am not designer...

And I can guess, with the "bad" depth of field that's a cinema 4d render ;)

For this problem with cinema 4d, I make allways the DOF after with photoshop, thats longer, but better, for a photografic result, and another thing: the colors in the renderings of cinema 4d are allways fluo, for make better, in your color settings, dont put the intensity to 100%.

So, if that's not cinema 4d, sorry :D

Guest aveepee

thanks for al the advice.... A wireless speaker, like sony or philips have, arent very good. there's always al little noise in the music. So i keep ik wired. Maybey with bluetooth, but bluetooth is death...

And the render and model program is not cinema 4D...

greetz

Guest «AD»

hm, well, if you wanna keep the wire, and keep the wire in its place, then I'd try make the wire something artistic as well, make the wire a design element!

Or try to make it as invisible as possible...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.