Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 03: Speakers

Guest yeddeync

I like the colors and composition of your first rendering retrokitsch, but it seems heavy on the bottom. Show the darkest values be towards the back?

solid linework renzsu. but i would try to make some variations in line thickness to create more 3d into it. just a suggestion.

really like the cable, so real.

Thanks! Oh man, chrome ellipses are difficult.. making anything that isn't a tube look like chrome is pretty hard imho, without resorting to the desert landscape reflection.

Guest Random Designer

Woo here we go, my first rendering.

I have a TRACKBALL to draw with, as I haven't the funds for one of these new-fangled pentabs. So, after much f*cking around trying to render swishy lines with my thumb, I have resorted to the use of Photoshop elipse tools. So, here it is.

I like to think of this as "something for the ladies". ;)

It follows on from the chair theme we appear to be moving along in the finished product section. So it is a bass speaker with a chair built in.

I have no idea how they work, so I'm just drawing what I imagine they should contain.

I'll put up another one maybe tomorrow.

Night night.

6c779bdb.jpgspeaker2.jpg

a trackball? is it easy to handle with? very nice rendering. but i think the floor should be red, cause the reflection in the rounded metallic shape is red.

Guest Random Designer

Funny, it was more red in Photoshop. It seems to have gotten darker...

[Edit: Background tinkered with. The floor is red, the sky is blue, and the @#$@#$ thing still looks like it's falling over. *sigh*.]

And no, I would not recommend a Trackball. I only use it 'cause it was free! Free stuff can't be complained about...

ps_trackballopt.jpg Here she is. Good for reduced desk spaces, not good for design.

Guest «AD»

Great render!

But here goes another idea- a chair with a fully integrated music system, the remote is integrated in one of the arm rests, but can be removed, the electrical energy for running the system is provided by your body heat- well okay, this might be going too far ;)

lol...the first electrical chair with music ;)

Guest «AD»

" In an attempt to make the death penalty more agreeable , US Congress introduced a new law, postulating the installation of headphones wired to an mp3player.

The culprit to be electrocuted can choose from a huge database of songs, ranging from " Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf to "St. Anger" by Metallica."

hm...cool headline on the New York Times...

Guest Random Designer

Maybe you should start a new thread for Random Ideas.

PS. Chairs that play music do exist, although they are designed to vibrate in time with it to give a sort of massage effect.

Floors that vibrate in time with the beat (or slightly behind it) have been built into some clubs. Now that is cool.

Guest Morteza Pourmohammadi

only a sketch.

the reflector plate made of metal.

other in plastic.

post-23-1094155006.jpg

Guest retrokitsch

That's an idea, but most in engineering as in design, what inspirated you for the esthetic? that's strange!!

nice idea, but I would try a different button, something that makes it look a bit less like a pastry.

I would also try to find some more interesting holes... how about some small circular holes, or a wave shaped hole to fit the bottom?

Guest retrokitsch

Renszu: very good render of your "retro" speaker, but what mean solid line work (waikit) ?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.