Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 03: Speakers

Ok, lets make some speakers... and try not to make them square and wood ;)

These can be hifi speakers, car speakers or pc speakers, take your pick!

Guest «AD»

this was my first thought:

click

but somehow I got to do another one which I like better...

speakerboxx1mod.jpg

Guest «AD»

Wow! Nice!

uhuh...huhuuh..uhuuhuhuhuhuhuh...ehehheheh

Really looks nice- I wonder...should I buy a graphics tablet?

I found out I could afford a Wacom Volito with Pen ( USB), and some additional software for about 45€...it's A6, though- is this a no-no or a must-buy?

I wouldn't worry about needing a tablet.. if you are happy with markers so far, I would stick with that till you're a bit further in uni and have some money left to get a bigger intuos (a4 is the ideal size imho).

It's important that you know your traditional media, so I would try getting the maximum out of that first.

Guest «AD»

Hm..currently I can do absolutely nothing with markers...well..absolutely might just be a little too less...let's say it this way:

Sometimes I'd like to press Ctrl+Z ( or Y ) when drawing stuff with markers :D

The problem is, I know what areas have to be colored as a whole, but then, when it comes to those areas where there's supposed to be reflection of the sky, I don't know how intense this should be, and what color it should be exactly in order to maintain the car's colors....

Also, I was told I shouldn't use Copic Markers anymore but try AD-markers ( what a coincidence :D:D ).

Sometimes I'd like to press Ctrl+Z ( or Y ) when drawing stuff with markers

sounds familiar :rolleyes:

i still like to sketch lines with traditional materials, cause i can handle it with more ease and accuracy. after finishing a line drawing on paper, i'll scan it in and render with painter, simply because of the magic 'CTRL+Z' which allows trial and errors. and for me, rendering in painter is much faster than with markers and pastel/chalks

Guest «AD»

Hm- I guess it's important to be good everywhere- just in case :rolleyes:

I think I just picked the wrong colors for my markers...

First, I took black and dark blue.

Now I took light grey, almost silver, then some light brown and light blue...but it just doesn't feel right, and the markers are too expensive to be bought in loads...that's why I thought of the Wacom, it costs as much as 12 or 13 Copic Markers...so, why not?

Guest retrokitsch

AD, a wacom tablet is nice but if you have an a6 (like me) it will be very hard to make smooth "curves".

I had a little idea for the speakers: ears. The elephant is kitsch but it would be better "more implicit". The other idea was a loudspeaker hung on a spring, in order to make the speaker jump when the sound is loud or with megabass.lol

loud_sketches.jpg

edit: changed url tags to img tags :rolleyes:

Guest «AD»

retrokitsch, you know what I thinkof your work :rolleyes:

But a thing I couldn't help noticing: When megabass is on, the speaker will not jump vertically, but it will swing forwards and backwards...

Now I don't know about it exactly, but when I swing my headphones forwards and backwards, Mr. Doppler comes up and changes the way I hear it...you get what I wanna say? I think the sound is gonna be altered by the speakers changing their position

Guest retrokitsch

AD thanks that's right.

I made another try, just look the idea, because I tried to render like waikit, but... lol

The idea was "drops hung on a branch".

speakers_red.jpg

retrokitsch, cool idea, perhaps you can add some perspective linest to aid the viewer into understanding how things are coordinated with eachother?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.