Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Napman

Gadgets...

Guest Napman

Hellow everyone,

New year at school started, and new projects are given.

My new one is one for my school. Design a Gadget that everyone wants, something unique and durable.

I'm starting on my brainstorm now... I have a few idea's but i'm trying to get the ulitmate gadget!

So if you have some marvelous idea's, pleas tell them :) it could be a great help :)

Thx

Napman

Guest evolve

just food for thoughts.

You should do something you like to do or something you use everyday.

Yes, asking is great but you might have a hard time doing researchs because you are unfamiliar with the product.

Don't limit yourself on the daily product you use and wish you could redesign.

Guest Marra

I always thought a gadget as something where its idea wasnt 'durable' at all?

Just food for thought.

Guest evolve

i guess it really depends on what gadgets you are referring too.

* Electronic gadgets?

* Consumer gadgets?

* Toy gadgets?

but is it durable? Yes, i believe so. Unless you are talking about them .99 cents cheap gadgets. LOL

Guest Napman

yeah thx for the comments so far... and it's not "food"... I said i had idea's!

i just want to see if i'm creative enough in my solution to this 'problem'.

We have to design something for our Teachers, the students (not future-students), and the companies the school works with.

So it has to be durable, because it isn't just going to be given away to everyone.

Guest Marra

I'd design a gadget that trains people to not require gadgets.

A kind of anti gadget object, now thats a puzzler!

Guest Jno

Nice idea Marra :D

I have never understood why students are given such a brief, which gives no guidelines at all. Ofcourse it gives freedom to do anything but to me it sounds like the teacher has something better to do (than to think proper brief).

JNo

Guest 0blivious

how about a small little ball that looks like a testical and that can read minds en send it directly to your brain, it works by examining where your eye is focused on, pretty cool huh :)

Guest tom_j_owen

'd design a gadget that trains people to not require gadgets.

A kind of anti gadget object, now thats a puzzler!

MARRA, Surley as a designer you, me and everyone on here rely on gadgets..for everything we design is one. an aid for everyday life. something thats helps us with a particular problem.

Guest charly_senn

I think Marra was just throwing some humour into the mix and I for one found it funny.

LOL

Agree it's a shocking brief. There's blue sky and then there's nothing to guide.

Guest Robomod

Usually this assignment is to see what ideas you can come up with, how well you do on form, and time management. You are not out to save the world on this one, but you should maybe define what a gadget is. Just to make it more clear. The ipod, for example, super-sweet. Simple, tough ( I guess), everybody wants one, and you can watch movies on them now. Clever language and a great topic are going to help out. Watch out for pda's and software solutions.

good luck

Guest SPUDS
Hellow everyone,

New year at school started, and new projects are given.

My new one is one for my school. Design a Gadget that everyone wants, something unique and durable.

I'm starting on my brainstorm now... I have a few idea's but i'm trying to get the ulitmate gadget!

So if you have some marvelous idea's, pleas tell them :) it could be a great help :)

Thx

Napman

Don't think 'everyone' or else you will get perplexed! Start researching a particular group of people and find out what they do and how hey do it. Hopefully you will find something unique that may be transferred into a item that is generally useful for everyone!

Guest Napman
Usually this assignment is to see what ideas you can come up with, how well you do on form, and time management. You are not out to save the world on this one, but you should maybe define what a gadget is. Just to make it more clear. The ipod, for example, super-sweet. Simple, tough ( I guess), everybody wants one, and you can watch movies on them now. Clever language and a great topic are going to help out. Watch out for pda's and software solutions.

good luck

i don't think an Ipod is a gadget...

A gadget has to be cheap... :) something like 5€-6€...

This is how far i'm now.

The group of people i chose, are "the students at school"

En probably everyone could use a USB-stick. To put info on it from school... Or to bring homework from your home to school...

Only i don't want , that it is a Stick... So 'im building on this one...

Guest Robomod

I'd say the Ipod's a gadget, but I like the direction that you have chosen. If it were cheap I'd call it a knick-knack, but it's sematics from that point.