Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ZexeL

Using The "path Tool" In Ps

Ok, first of all, I'm new here at this forum, discovered it just yesterday, seems like the ultimate design forum thus!

Now, I'm just an "amateur designer", i.e. I do scetches and designs mostly for the fun of it, I just read "Husseindesign's" tut on how to render a car in PS, i want to try this out myself, but the results sucks... practise is the only way I guess.

Now; could any one of you great people out there with all the knowledge and ability please tell me how the "Path Tool" that every designer speaks so well of works?! It would be greatly appreciated!

Tank you!

/ZexeL

Man I need to finish that tutorial of mine, I explain how I used the path tool there and how you can modify paths and such.. if you have some patience, I hope it will probably be released start of october.

Sounds stupid, but try reading through the help files of Photoshop while you try them.. it basically comes down to drawing paths with the pen tool, you can select a path and then stroke it with any kind of brush you'd want to use, or use the path as a selection. You can modify the shapes of these paths with a path selection tool (sorry I don't have the exact names here at the moment), so all is not lost when you draw the path the wrong way, you can always modify it.

Ok, Ranzsu, I'm awaiting that tutorial of yours with great patince!

I'll give the help files in PS a shot, however, I don't have sky-high expectations of them, as a rule it seems, most help files tend to be a bit hazy! Your explanation was, errm, not really helpful, you lost me somewhere at "...it basically comes down..." and BAM! I was in La-la land wondering if anyone got the plates of the truck that hit me... =) Well, "anywho"... with that tut of yours and the help-files of PS, I guess I should be able to work it all out sooner or later.

I appreciate your reply regardless!

/ZexeL