Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrking.id

Product Colour Change Using Photoshop Question

Guest mrking.id

I am wanting to find the technique used to change a products colour using photoshop. I found this technique ONCE before but have since forgoten it and cannot find it on the net again. ;)

This technique does NOT involve photoshops Colour/Replace nor the Variations function.

The technique allows a user to replace the colour with a defined RGB or Pantone colour but will still maintain the exact lighting and shadows of the surface. It will also automatically change the colour in any refliections as well.

If you can help, please post.

Cheers,

Mike

Guest Aphasia

There is only one way that I would do this...

I would add it into the image by creating the image on a new layer and thenhaving a section where there was no colour and so it basically had a blank section. You could then add highlights and shadows onto this layer and still have a gap where the colour goes.

Then you can create a new layer underneath and fill it the colour of your desire.

This only works when creating a new image, if you have an existing image then the Image --> Adjustments is probably the best place to find a tool to change the image colour. Colour Replace etc.