Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bednyo

How to find manufacturer

Guest bednyo

hi,

long time i looking for manufacturers who can produce my works, but unsuccessfully

so im wondering what about your experiences

sry my bad english :D - hope i write it correctly

Guest Jno

Hi,

have you designed your works for certain company or for yourself? No matter how great the works are but if they doesnt fit into companys brand image etc. they are propably not going to manufacture them...

Cheers,

Jno

Guest riaz

If you are looking for someone to just make models for you there are a number of outfits that will prototype designs for you. Especially seeing your great renderings I think rapid prototyping might be an option.

Here's a quick search result... http://www.protomold.com/default.asp?s=business

It seems to be very expensive (but they ask you upload your model so they can price it for you). Kinda makes 200 for our rapid prototyper seem like almost nothing.

- Riaz

Guest papicas

I can tell you about my experience, as I'm going through it right now.

Search the web, go to fairs, look into magazines. Pick names and contacts.

What I have been doing is contact companies and ask them if they'r interested in working with new designers, receiving fresh-minded ideas. It will end up paying.

You have to know what you are proposing to a certain company, try to see for yourself if what you do corresponds to their philosophy. Go through their catalogs, articles you can find, and trust your instincts. If you are very good with talking you may even take them to a path they never thought of.