Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fblacka

Fogarasi's

Guest firecracker
hi ... im planning to post all my sketches here and i hope i get some feedback ... it would be greatly appreciated since i wanna pass the entrance exams to uni in summer 2006... i think i have a lot more to learn since i never went to an art school but i hope ill learn something here, on this board too ;)

so heres the 1st one ... i used markers and then finished in ps ... i had some problems with the bg ... finally i did this though i have a few other versions too ... anyway ...

volvo2smallkkgcontr3eb.jpg

maybe too much contrast ... ?

edit: well maybe thats too much coz i see there some parts slurring ... so heres the original:

volvo2smallkkg3ak.jpg

I just saw the first pic, noticed you ask for tips then went away quickly fixing up the perpective oon your first sketch.

Then I notice you have like 10 pages of posts, and all your work is looking incredible now!

I thought the overall "look" and rendering on even the first was really nice and had good prescence, but all the recent stuff is on another level, amazing!

Well heres my quick fixup of the first one for all its worth... :D

post-18349-1204400977.jpg

thx Reggie ...

heres a quick experimental rendering ... for the sake of technique ...

The perspective render works a lot better than the side profile. In both cases, though, I think the jagged edge to the background really distracts from the design, as do the random eraser lines. I really like the high contrast black and the way the red is reflected back into the hood, though.

Your newest rendering is much cleaner, and very cool (though it's a little bit difficult to tell what it actually is, I quite enjoy the form).

Guest fblacka

hey firecracker, thx for the feedback ... i might do an overlay of that Volvo ... i already did one about a year ago ... looks like its going to be a rite, and i do an overlay of the same sketch every year ;)

Turbofrog, i agree on the jagged edges and that the bg is too distracting ... thx for the feedback ... the new one is nothing special, again ... just a new rendering technique and some form study ...

Guest fblacka

some freelance work ... sketch/illustration for Nike ...

i should have darkened the bg behind the rear of the shoe (right side on the image) where is white, to make it pop ... oh well ... next time :)

nike2sgw7.jpg

Guest fblacka

ok people ... cross your fingers for us, cross your fingers for ERNO ... see you in Mian ;)

... and of course i dont let you without a sketch ... a new angle for me ...

ford6syt4.jpg

Guest iliffe

Hi Foga.

Ive been looking at this thread for a while, some really nice work.

Looks asif youve started to take off with the Car design, last two are pretty amazing.

The rendering technique on the Bmw looks awesome.

Well done mate.

Keep to post.

Guest designfix

Hey,

Nice work.

I dont know if anyones already said this, as i only made it to page 4.

Put down the pencil!!! you can draw/render/layout well

go to see design, gain an understanding of it in a broader context. uni's love that.

Get a job working for a design company. Make tea etc, you'll be surprised what you learn.

good luck with everything.

Guest fblacka

hey ... thx for the replys.

iliffe: thx ... well yes, i study pd now and i pretty like it, but apparently im into cardesign ...

designfix: thanks for the kind words ... what u can see in this topic, its just my freetime fun ... so nothing serious ... either way, an intership would be nice ... ill post some finished non-car related projects soon.

Guest fblacka

something different this time ... my first go at "digital painting" ...

drifting2svw8.jpg

some smoke would have been nice, but i couldnt make it look right ...

no reference pic btw

Not really diggin it. I liked your earlier renderings a bit better.

Guest Skint

Your style has improved so much over the last couple of years. Its great to see the progression.

Guest yetzirah2525

W(^0^)W

I'm really amazed!! u do really practice hard...

It's really motivating. Thx 4 sharing, foga. ;)

And keep on sharing.. =P