Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fblacka

Fogarasi's

Guest Mitja

I like your work a lot. I have one question. I was looking now DVD of Harald Belker and you guys when you do car design are you going trought all that phases of car sketching (a lot of pages of brainstorming and than a lot latter you sketch in prespective)?

What's the way of realize your idea? I have idea of nice watch and i done some sketces. What now? 2d render, 3d model? How to lunch idea to market? Is it depends of luck (right time on right place) or is it a planed process?

Guest Joshua Gore
new 3er ... crits & comments?

cpaaaadc5.jpg

I LOVE IT. I own a e21 323i Last of the slant nose.

Guest fblacka

Mitja: thx ... about car sketching: i think sideviews are good for searching proportions ... but no more. when it comes to shapes you gotta think in 3d (at least if u wanna understand your car's forms). but about the brainstorming i think youre right. at least i do lots of pages filled with ideation sketches before rendering (not true for the renderings posted here tho :) )

Joshua: glad u like it. btw im in love with the E21s and im going to purchase one soon (hopeso :) ) its a great car with lasting design and prefect proportions. my friend has got a 323 with m20b25 (E30 325i) engine, H&R shocks and springs, Alpina rims ... its a beast :thumbsup:

Guest fblacka

thx for the comments ... btw snug ... wheels are offSET ... its called negative camber and i think it works quite well as a styling element ... at least i like it and use it on almost every sketch of mine :)

Guest fblacka

i started a linework using this last sketch as an underlay ... i had to make a few corrections tho ... will post as i develop it ... comments r welcome! oh, and i used ps cs ...

astrais4.jpg

Guest A-train

I think the back light would show up on the far side. Also, would be nice to see the roof and hood end somewhere. Put some nice exhaust design in there and you a re golden. THe door split lines are always usefull to read a surface. A bit wider would give the car more stance, SUV concepts are made very heavy looking to give them more drama and weight.

Think also about what the C-pillar is going to do? now it ends in thin air and that is the main focus of your sketch so you have to define that line. you can fade out details the more you go away from the center point but that one is quite important

Cool work, like the clean lines and its looks like a promising base.

A.