Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fblacka

Fogarasi's

Guest fblacka

hi ... im planning to post all my sketches here and i hope i get some feedback ... it would be greatly appreciated since i wanna pass the entrance exams to uni in summer 2006... i think i have a lot more to learn since i never went to an art school but i hope ill learn something here, on this board too :)

so heres the 1st one ... i used markers and then finished in ps ... i had some problems with the bg ... finally i did this though i have a few other versions too ... anyway ...

volvo2smallkkgcontr3eb.jpg

maybe too much contrast ... ?

edit: well maybe thats too much coz i see there some parts slurring ... so heres the original:

volvo2smallkkg3ak.jpg

Guest ono

I'm not an expert in cars but i hope it helps.

Good stuff, I really like your style. Pretty good level of contrast.

You could try to add more detail and definition to the quarter which is near the "camera", and fade the details towards the end.

The perspective is good although the bottom horiz. line of the windshield is slightly off (left side too high)

Nice background, and there is some softness in the drawing i really like, it would get a lot of contrast if you added this fading details layer.

Guest fblacka
I'm not an expert in cars but i hope it helps.

Good stuff, I really like your style. Pretty good level of contrast.

You could try to add more detail and definition to the quarter which is near the "camera", and fade the details towards the end.

The perspective is good although the bottom horiz. line of the windshield is slightly off (left side too high)

Nice background, and there is some softness in the drawing i really like, it would get a lot of contrast if you added this fading details layer.

well thx ... i see the winshield problem and ure right about it :) ... thx ... i always forget to check the perspective time after time :) ... and thx for the tip about the details ... that way would be more dynamic for sure B) ... maybe ill try to do the front then ...

Guest lufrbasketch

I like it alot.

But for me personally I think that some of your line work might need to improve in terms of boldness.

Im sure you will see it many a time in other posts that it is always a good idea to be bold with your lines and try not to create a furry or too "sketchy" type look.

With that in mind , I think maybe the lines could be a bit stronger because it gives me an impression it is slightly out of focus. I know you are trying to portray speed but I think you need slightly more clarity in the shape and form.

Apart from that its pretty good, you did a good job with some of the light sources :)

Guest fblacka

thx lufrbasketch ... ill try to improve my linework ...

... some mobilephone ideas ...

mob6ct.jpg

Guest fblacka

@#$@#$ ... i broke my thumb on my right hand yesterday and i got a nice plaster for at least 3 weeks and i cant draw ;)((((

Guest Mechanism Man

hey, i just joined this forum. im learning to render properly too!its encouraging to see somebody putting their stuff out there for criticism, a great way to improve your technique with other peoples opinion!i have to learn to draw form, perspective and marker rendering and shading all together before the end of this year.

i think your stuff is good so far, pity bout your hand. hope it heals better.

the car look is very interesting, inovative looking front lights. you also picked up on the indented curve style that is around at the moment in car bodywork, nice. i wont speak of your drawing skills cause i am only learning. but it did make me say wow when i saw the picture!

Guest fblacka
hey, i just joined this forum. im learning to render properly too!its encouraging to see somebody putting their stuff out there for criticism, a great way to improve your technique with other peoples opinion!i have to learn to draw form, perspective and marker rendering and shading all together before the end of this year.

i think your stuff is good so far, pity bout your hand. hope it heals better.

the car look is very interesting, inovative looking front lights. you also picked up on the indented curve style that is around at the moment in car bodywork, nice. i wont speak of your drawing skills cause i am only learning. but it did make me say wow when i saw the picture!

hi and welcome tho im new to this board too :( i second your thoughts about the criticism and thx for the opinnions :)

about my hand ... today in school i started to draw with my left hand :( not that bad actually its about selfcontrol ... and learnable with some time and concentration ... :(

Guest fblacka

I tried to render an old sketch of mine ... it supposed to be a quick one but finally it took almost 1 hour :S

dscf0638edi6gp.jpg

Guest fblacka

okay ... i had to draw hands with different movements (pushing, turning, holding ...) in different views to be able to show an objects function for example ... but im quite dissatisfied with my work ... i jus cant get the proportions/shapes ok ... im so disappointed :( ... so if theres a way u can help me ... thx :)

dscf2175tzu2uh.jpg

Guest fblacka

and the otherside of the page ... the top view render wasnt part of the exercise so please ignore thatone (i know its broken in half :S) the objective actually was to find the main shapes of a hand in different positions ... just a loose linework or sth like that not a render ... advices welcomed ...

dscf2177gf9ei.jpg

Guest ryanls

I love the sketches. i think you should put some door mirrors on the volvo. thats just me, but i think it would make the car look less futuristic.