Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ps.

Printer

Guest ps.

hello

I'm a recent grad. looking for jobs and trying to equip myself with the right tools instead of just buying everything cheap. Right now I need a new printer. I'm leaning toward the Canon's i9900 which is a medium format printer that prints up to 13x19, only because of the large paper capacity. For the quality of the prints I think I can do just fine with something cheaper.

Is there really ever a need for printing larger then 8.5x11? I'm thinking there's got to be because I used a lot of 11x17s in school.

The canon i9900 is retailed at $499.

What do you think?

thank you

Guest evolve

are you just looking to print normal stuff? If so, i would have to say this printer is good.

But if you plan to use this as your 2d or 3d printer. I would have to say, invest in a good (the printer you could afford the most) color laser and a b/w laser.

If you really compare the quality on a ink jet vs a laser, you will understand why. Yes, you could have a high resolution (dpi) in ink jet but keep in mind, it is ink and not laser clean quality.

Guest rodanx86

I have an HP 9600 that prints 13x19 borderless. It is by far the best printer I've had. No complaints at all. Its about a year old now, but apparently, this years model will allow you to print 13 inches wide and a lot longer. so you can do a poster that is 13x40 or something like that. I haven't had any problems at all with it. I think it retails at about $399.

Good luck.

p.s.

check out PCMagazine.com, CNet.com, and PCWorld, and NewEgg.com for reviews. NewEgg is also highly recommended.