Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aphasia

What Destroys Your Creativity?

Guest jrwjayhawk

I want to say this, without sounding like a typical pompous, wire frame glasses wearing, dark back grounded head shot designer guy.....but not interacting or living your life with Designers of any sort around me really kills my creativity. It wasn't until I went to Design school did I really appreciate being able to have good conversations or critiques of everyday design with students of the like, did I come to really strive on it. Don't get me wrong, I also believe it helps my creativity by having people of all sorts of backgrounds around me, but there is just something to be said about our natural ability to articulate our opinions in a matter that invokes discussion. This is something, just like hand sketching that needs to be practiced daily.

...This is why places like PD Hub are great!

Guest aahmrbond

does anyone know where the cartoon came from the front page link for this thread? i came across a website a while back with a load of them on and can't find it anywhere. i'm sure it was by a guy that made random cartoons from statements submitted by viewers?