Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aphasia

What Destroys Your Creativity?

Guest rodanx86
Tried and true method i have is attending boring lectures and sitting there designing instead. Brain is so flippn bored it starts popping out ideas all ovr the place.

+1

Guest abhishek

dont let those girls passing by ...trust me your work is goin to go for a toss..

Guest Ollie J

Bud Smokin!!

Its no good, just makes me not bothered. Well at least it used to, now its no more!

Guest w i l l
ganja and other drugs people who say drugs make them more creative talk such a load of bull!

a destructive lifestyle, even if you do create something technically advanced that is asthetic and erganomic and performs its function perfectly it could still be a product of destruction and argueably not creative at all like guns which kill people and beatifull smoking pipes which help give people cancer!

you have either never done drugs or done too many.

Guest Gaile

Working with people, who are living for earning money.

It's horrible to talk to such people about design, art from their position.

Guest Ollie J

ganja and other drugs people who say drugs make them more creative talk such a load of bull!

a destructive lifestyle, even if you do create something technically advanced that is asthetic and erganomic and performs its function perfectly it could still be a product of destruction and argueably not creative at all like guns which kill people and beatifull smoking pipes which help give people cancer!

you have either never done drugs or done too many.

Too Many G!!

Guest ZO::

by not travelling...by not reading...

i like to do math !!! to keep my brain workin' jejejeje

Guest Dre-Izle

Lack of self confidence gets me off course.

I just work out and catch a quick science fiction on space channel and then my motivation peaks again.

We all wake up with ideas popping; just grab any paper and let creativity pure.

Guest Saad Benryane

Creativity is fed by trying things you never tried before, even if they're as small as sleeping on the opposite side of your bed. This being said, participating to activities which call for repetition and synchronization do not feed your creative part of the brain, thus setting it on standby. Creativity is special, it can be fed really fast and can lose it's power really fast. Of course if you keep feeding it, connections in your brain will be strengthened to a point that it will be permanent.

I always said, people that don't live in design will never be great designers. I know it's only half true because of the "exception factor". Then again, if you don't love what you do, you are subject to loosing allot of the creative juice you put into yourself. People who spend their free time on websites like FFFFOUND! or LovelyPackage present more than a thousand images to their brain every day and stick to their subconscious creative level. As for those playing video games or watching TV, they keep seeing the same images that do not communicate feelings or excitement to them and doesn't push them to observe. Instead their mind is set on accomplishment with instant reward rather than just information stocking for further use.

Watching TV has a twisted side to it. It's sometimes good to watch television, but not for the image it projects, but the information it gives. I find that the frame rate is too high for our brain to capture a usable information. Then again, I am no scientist... I should ask about that!

Guest Grant Howarth

is it odd that in the last 5 minutes of each day just before i sleep i get tonnes of ideas? i have to keep a notepad beside my bed so i can quickly jot down ideas.

Xbox definately stifled my creativity. I got like 5 games for xmas then i just realised... im getting nowhere and have banned myself from gaming altogether. For how much time you put into it, it really doesnt get you anywhere.

Guest tikey

I think everyone tends to get ideas before sleeping. It has to do with the relaxed state of mind one is in.

I know I always do. My notepad is filled with scribbles I do half sleep :P

Guest JOYRIDE

yup, I think the true signature of a designer is the notepad next to the bed. I also get a lot of ideas in the shower for some reason. I have also found that I do well after 2-5 beers listening to some good jazz (grant green and such).

Guest tikey
I have also found that I do well after 2-5 beers listening to some good jazz (grant green and such).

Gotta try that, haha.

Guest the sea cabbage

Observing people is my source of inspiration. Watching the way someone uses something sparks a load of ideas about how it can be changed, improved or asking the question what is its purpose anyway. Following this scribble down lots of ideas.

Getting a new brief set always gives me tonnes of possible ideas so keep the briefs flowing.

What gets me down is lazy and negative people who dont want to learn or are satisfied easily.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

TV, games, anything moving, other people around.... I'm the best in the middle of the night, music really loud, and the room dark except for my table lamp...