Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kickass

** Scooter Design **

Which design do you prefer ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which design do you prefer ?

Guest Robomod

PICT0232.JPG

Here's my scooter. I've had this scoot since it came out in 2003, and it's great. Sweet gas mileage, comfy seat, It's cool.

What's up Kickass! I guess your the only one I'd expect to see from TR.

Guest Robomod

It's just too bad that most vespa's are gross-polluters. The scooters brought up for discussion are probably the cleanest running scooters on the market.

Guest Kickass
What's up Kickass! I guess your the only one I'd expect to see from TR.

Yeah, same to you ! I'm fine ! Trying to work... but mostly spending my time surfing between TR, ZoomerZone and Productdesignf. That's bad ! But I'm quitting here soon, got an offer from another company I can't refuse... hehehe.

Well finally I got my Zoom, posting pictures soon ! For all of you Scandinavians interested in the Honda Zoomer I strongly recommend a visit at ZoomerZone ( a very new nordic Zoomer forum ), just click the banner below !

And Robomod ! Your creation is an inspiration to us all !

Nice! Any English or Japanese (just to see the crazy mods ;) ) sites you can recommend? I gotta try save up for one :)

Guest newkillerstar

the Zoomer (#2) is sweet. #1 is a bit to "crotch-rockety", and "I'm faster than you" look. Its really a a faux finish for a scooter (what's top end? 40, 50 mph?)

I just need a side car to go with the zoomer so I can drop my daughter off at school. She'd love it!

Guest Kickass
Nice! Any English or Japanese (just to see the crazy mods ;) ) sites you can recommend? I gotta try save up for one :)

I would recommend you to visit Tokyo Parts Gallery and Total Ruckus ( The mothership )...

And about the top speed, well it's different in Europe and America... But I would say between 28 and 45 mph*. It's up to the driver how much he tunes it !

* 45 - 70 km/h ( legal 45 in Europe and 55 in Am. I think )

Sweet! Thanks guys.. I wonder though.. most of these customisations, are they done with stock parts you can order somewhere or does this involve a lot of welding and stuff? (frame modifications, wheelbase changes, engines swaps) :)

Guest Robomod

Our buddy at Battlescooter has been importing parts from Japan, and they all bolt on. The stock parts could be modifyed, but sometimes it's cheaper and easier to buy them. I have a few zoomer-ruckus parts in the works.

Here's something interesting. Look at this Choi Nori design from Suzuki:

link:

NCB_TMS22b_001_B.jpg

It's designed for women but I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen on one (black on admittedly), and the pricetag is really what is interesting. 450 euro's for the base model, 650 for the top model. In terms of functionality it's a basic scooter, not much (if any) storage space, but for those who just need some basic transportation this is a nice way to drive I think.

Guest Robomod

I've seen both guys and girls in magazines with the choi nori. There is an SS model too. Yeah, I heard they are around $600 in Japan.