Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hotchicken

Air Purifier Design

Guest hotchicken

My concept is to make a purifier that has a distinguished form, from which people can see and feel the process of purifying. It's a pity that we don't have facilities to make prototype models, and there's no engineering support ;)

any comments and critics welcomed!

r01.jpg

r04.jpg

r02.jpg

sketches

10.jpg

06.jpg

11.jpg

Guest Zampik

Nice presentatin, nice renders, nice design...I like it....good job

what soft did you use? what render?

Guest hotchicken
Nice presentatin, nice renders, nice design...I like it....good job

what soft did you use? what render?

thanks

i use cinema 4d for rendering. I think any software would do

I just tried to use a different structure. It's like a vacum, and the fan is at the center. The air is drawn from the rim of the top and goes through the filter which is at the upper part of the body, and then goes out from the side

this pic is not very illustrative. I'll draw a pic tommorow if I have time

Guest Stratiegery01

How did you do that really close up rendering with the focusing effect?

Guest hotchicken

first i render the image with z channle(depth channle)

and then i use a filter called lens blur in photoshop to do the rest

Guest Flex

very beautiful !!

maybe the yellow globe needs a few more Poligons (or more Antialiasingon the transparent shell)

pretty good how you insetted the buttons and the black surface!!

are you using a displacement-map ore boole for this?

Felix

Guest hotchicken
very beautiful !!

maybe the yellow globe needs a few more Poligons (or more Antialiasingon the transparent shell)

pretty good how you insetted the buttons and the black surface!!

are you using a displacement-map ore boole for this?

Felix

thanks!

the modeling is almost finished in rhino3d, including the buttons. the ball is made in cinema4d

no displacement maps, just color and alpha maps used

Guest hypocalvin

Hi. I have a dehumidfier at home (similar to an air purifier). Your design looks have the look of something that can purify air. Very nice looking. However, upon close inspection, your design looks something like a mix between a small trash bin and a toilet sit (no offence).

Regarding the shape of your water bin. For my air purifier, I have to empty the water bin 2x a day: that is about 60 times a month. ( so I really pay attention to how the water bin is shaped) It is inconvinient to empty my water bin because it a big box-shaped container. By the look of your water bin design, i can only imagine how difficult it would be empty the water in YOUR bin without getting water everywhere.

but nice renderings. ;)

Guest hotchicken
Hi. I have a dehumidfier at home (similar to an air purifier).  Your design looks have the look of something that can purify air.  Very nice looking. However, upon close inspection, your design looks something like a mix between a small trash bin and a toilet sit  (no offence). 

Regarding the shape of your water bin.  For my air purifier, I have to empty the water bin 2x a day: that is about 60 times a month.  ( so I really pay attention to how the water bin is shaped)  It is inconvinient to empty my water bin because it a big box-shaped container.  By the look of your water bin design, i can only imagine how difficult it would be empty the water in YOUR bin without getting water everywhere.

but nice renderings. ;)

thanks for your opinions very much! You've thought a lot beyond me. :)

Guest evolve

ok... i'm kinda getting confused.

Is this a air purifier? Dehumidier? or Humidifier?

As for the design itself. It looks small and portable but still can't tell which is which.

Also, who is your customer and who are you trying to market too. This is a question you have to design for so if you could answer this, then your design should fit into who your target client.