Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest battle

Is it just me or are some new comps trying to hard

Guest battle

Just curious if any one else has been appalled at tother companies attempts to put good design(like apple) into supposadly hip new computers. Mainly i mean the disney child computer attrocity with speaker ears and all. I saw it in circuit city yesterday and really wanted to knock the thing on the floor and say "oops, my bad".

Also, CNN had an article this week about the Hip-E, some new CPU for teens that apparently has pink fur or leopard print trim...ugh. Unfortunately(maybe fortunately) there wasnt much of an image so i really couldnt tell.

But it seems that in an attempt to gain younger consumers, designers are dumbing down their designs....seems sad really. There have to be better ways to get the attention of kids and teens than with cheap furry trimmed keyboards and ugly mouse ear speakers....

...just a rant

and yet there will be people who buy that stuff... sigh.. that's what happens when grey managers decide to become designers.

Guest mono_transistor

The problem is not the design, even not the designers and the managers.

The problem is all the consumers that love this kind of products. If the cheap design sells, there will be more of these at the stores.