Sunglasses Prototype !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mp_bueno_*

Guest_mp_bueno_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

Hey Guys! Someone could help me?

I've been working a long time in a new sunglasses model. It was modeled in Rhinoceros. Now I want to make a prototype. I thought printing in a 3d printer but here in Brazil it sounds a litlle expensive. If someone has some ideia I'd appreciate a lot.

Attached File  AGS05_01.jpg   70.55KB   62 downloads

Thanks

Marcos

#2 Guest_Jack_*

Guest_Jack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:27 AM

The glasses themselves look decent, though I'm not a big fan of that black section between the two lenses. I do, however, like the label on the ends of the ear pieces and the way you've connected them to the glasses. I'm curious though, will the way theyre fastened on there inhibit their ability to fold? Or will they not be able to fold at all? From your render, it looks like theyre merely attached and they lack the typical screw-joint. They look good for the most part, but I think they could be cleaned up a little bit. The black portion makes them look a bit clunky.

#3 Guest_mp_bueno_*

Guest_mp_bueno_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Hi Jack,

Very interesting your considerations. This sunglasses is a part of a big collection ( 15 sunglasses styles). This one is a classic model. The "aviator" is coming back in fashion trends, so just to make it a litlle bit different I've put the black part between the full rims. Regarding your questions about the temple (ear end pieces). It's a simple screw system. There's a hole on the temple wich allows the temple folds and the temple tip not touch the lenses. (as the drawing). Just for your curiousity have a look without the black plastic part.

thanks.

Attached File  plan00.jpg   38.1KB   53 downloads

#4 Guest_Gyouwhy_*

Guest_Gyouwhy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

my name is Guy Gonzalez i have worked for oakley in past years i am 34 years old and have a pretty good background on prototyping of all sorts.
Your eyewear looks very simple and to the point, but also very generic the only thing i like is the temple hinge and the earstems their simplistic value has me asking you for more.

as far as prototyping the eyewear what i used to do was buy a similar piece of ewear in a store and with jewelry pliers and snips just bend the wires till they were close and dial it in to look like what your presenting .
none the less if you have any more question you can reach me at Gyouwhy@yahoo.com

#5 Guest_Blue_*

Guest_Blue_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

*scribbles down gyouwhy email addy*

I don’t exactly have a comment, but thought I’d be a smartarse and post my sunglass design too.

(if I may of course!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same design, different renderings. It's funny how just a different rendering makes a difference to the overall look of a design...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store