Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zampik

Some Sofa Collection

Guest gaugeplus

good idea (although may not be new, but your execution is very clean). but a problem with this kind of modular concept is that how do you prevent the seat from splitting when the user sits on them? I mean as there is nothing to join two piece physically if the user's weight is acting onto the junction, the two pieces will split and the user will drop onto the floor. Of cuz to help solving this will be making the sofa very heavy, but from the design it doesn't look very heavy (in fact the design is light and elegant and you shouldn't add any weight)

By the way the human figures you used are very nice and flexible. May I know where can I download it?

gauge

Guest Zampik

Thanks for comment....I was thinking how to join it..........and one solution could be. some metal hooks at the sides. but...here is a problem that it could be dangerous for legs maybe. other solution coud be join legs somehow. but all I did wasnt so clear.....have to continue in thinking how to solve splitting problem.

By the way the human figures you used are very nice and flexible. May I know where can I download it?

is biped from 3Dmax

strong solution...very creative and modern...something like that i would like to check on some party...that will be good...i wont borrow chairs from my neighbours...hehe...good luck in diploma:)

Guest Zampik

Thanks guys for comments.....

miwt1 - it would be cool to have it in some V.I.P. areas in a clubs-.... hehehe))))))))

hehe exactly...main in big clubs...but i think that people will be fight about places on this sofa:D

by the way ..the best thing which i like in this project is possibility to sit...for example in front of tv...on first "floor of sofa"...and second "floor" down...like on 3 and 4 pics...and by the way we have two sofs from one...really i like that:)...and only wont delete this colour...very pleasant:)

Guest designer darrin

Nice idea, what sort of space does one require for this piece or is it sold seperately?

Guest menappi

how bout magnets on the legs somewhere, and they can meet the other pieces and hook on, but can be pulled away easily if needed...?

Guest Zampik

designer darrin: it is not produced yet.... and it would be sold separtly..... I hope I find some company to produce.

menappi: magnets could be solution....I was thinking on it...but I'm not sure how strong it could be...also Velcro fastener could be solution

have some update....... I changed legs to mere interesting shape...

post-100-1152742846.jpg

post-100-1152742866.jpg

post-100-1152742905.jpg

Guest Bbarn

I love it! Great project and great design!

The renderings are kickass and really tell the story of your product.