Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zampik

Some Sofa Collection

Guest Zampik

Now I'm on the internship in brazil, I'm working in architecture office. But my boss also doing designs of furniture, so I'm working for her and I'm doinf models and visualizations of her designs. If you want I can show you some visualisations.....

but back to my work....aslo I'm working on own designs and one is here:

twin01.jpgtwin02.jpg

twin03.jpgtwin04.jpg

I'd like to know your opinions so go ahead.....

Guest Zampik

Iknow about some problems in this colection, so thats why I post it to work in progress.........))

sweet renders! like the elegant style, but i think you also agree that the small chair is uncomfortable to sit on. what is the theme of this concept?

Guest Zampik

yes I agree with you......it's like this......smal chair has to has longer part for sit......that the problem of that chair..)))

Thame? hm just had idea and just do it for my self ......but my boss like it and she want to show to manufactures so maybe it will be real......It would be nice....

Guest PhilippeV8

Sure looks good.

But just as sure .. can't be ergonomic.

Furnitur should look good indeed but it's main purpose is for people to sit in it and I'm quite sure not many people will sit long in those. But as an exploration project and render project, this is fine stuff.

Guest rodanx86

The power in this concept is to be able to pull all the furniture together to form a lounge or a guest bed, or someplace to just sitt and snuggle with a loved one....

The problem is indeed the fact that when the chairs are pulled apart, they do not look very inviting to sit on. First of all, there is no lumbar support.

So, what needs to happen is that the design needs to communicate the ability to support your back in a non slouching position and also be able to link together to form the "community of furniture." Also, when you design a chair, it is very important to show it in relationship to someone sitting in it. This showes scale and ergonomics and can validate a lot of concerns that someone might have about the design.

Guest Zampik

Thanks guys for useful comments.....I have some idea how to improve, so I will post it here ASAP.....c ya

Guest Zampik

Oh I almost forgot......do you know any website where I can download any adjustable character to use in MAX to demostrate relation between sofas and person?

thanks