Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Quick Sketching In Painter

This tutorial was done in Painter. Maybe we'll see a traditional medium tutorial sometime.. depends if anyone is willing to make one.

Guest shane

awsome tut. thanks. i re-installed painter thanks to this... I have 1 problem though, as soon as i add another layer i loose all the tablet sensitivity. I can't get any response from any of the tools. it's just like using a mouse. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?.

Yeah, I occasionally have problems with my drivers as well when I try to sketch something for the first time after booting windows, I need to move my mouse a bit and then the tablet works fine like it should.

Guest rayeski

Thanks for the tutorial, I just recently downloaded a trial for painter because a lot of my friends I have made in the design world use it. I have always used photoshop before. I had a question about arcs and elipses. Is there a way to draw along a path like you would in photoshop to create clean elipses and arcs with line weight variations? Thanks.

Guest charly_senn

Rayeski,

yes there is - look up the tool snap-to-path in Painter and it will give you all the info you need (I think!)

Charly

Guest aman_s1ngh

Really cool tutorial, can't wait to get my own wacom and do this myself.

I have a question though, why do you use corel instead of photoshop? I'm kind of suprised I guess because so many ppl use photoshop and this tutorial is just as good using corel.

Is corel more friendly to use with a wacom than it is with photoshop?

It doesn't really matter anymore if you use Painter of Photoshop for this style of sketching. You could easily do this in other software. For more artistic style renders though many prefer Painter. More a matter of personal preference I think.

Guest No-Engar
I would like to see a quick marker render tutorial (monochrome) if possible ... just bought some copics but i couldnt find some good tutorial to learn of ... i would be very happy ... thx

btw this is also a very nice tutorial ... just that i dont have painter icon5.gif

i'm so sorry to reply this post at this topic,i think these marker and sketching tutorials are usefull anyway:

MIT Sketching courses

Youtube Video,for more look at related videos at sidebar

Marker Rendering by Farzad Barkhordari: 1 , 2 , 3

I would like to see a quick marker render tutorial (monochrome) if possible ... just bought some copics but i couldnt find some good tutorial to learn of ... i would be very happy ... thx

btw this is also a very nice tutorial ... just that i dont have painter icon5.gif

i'm so sorry to reply this post at this topic,i think these marker and sketching tutorials are usefull anyway:

MIT Sketching courses

Youtube Video,for more look at related videos at sidebar

Marker Rendering by Farzad Barkhordari: 1 , 2 , 3

thank you . you can eat those ı checked :)