Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexander_spencer

Cinema 4d

Guest Zampik

nice but I thing it not so good make it looks like clay model because there is a lot of details which cant be made of clay.....just I thing..)))

It's getting much better! See if you can add a little light for proper cast shadows. Generally the skylight is good, but it looks much better if you complement it with a proper spot or sunlight. (and if the image is still a bit dark inside the body shells, try to increase your lightbounces.. this will affect render speed quite drastically though).

Image filtering does indeed look to be set too low (antialiasing), but that could well be from a possible downsizing of the image after attaching it?

Guest ScD

Which version of C4D are you using, and what is your workflow from SWX to C4D?

Guest alexander_spencer

I'm using Cinema 4D 9 and a program called Polytrans to convert the solidworks file into a C4D file.

Guest stormelf

can u tell me how can i make these c4d :)

i am sw user and i like to render :)

Guest rodanx86

I Haven't heard much about Cinema 4d. I will look into it.

Is it becomming more and more prevalent in industry. It seems fairly robust, but is it very user friendly? I have tinkered around with 3ds Max and Maya, and some of their shaders, but really haven't overcome that initial learning curve yet. I guess i was wondering how easy C4d is to pick up relative to other shaders.

Guest alexander_spencer

So far it hasn't been that hard to pick up. What I really like about it is its flexibility (unlike photoworks). I'm just starting to scratch the surface.

Guest Penjeab

What's the difference between 3dsmax, C4D, and Solidworks? Which one is better? I'm now trying 3dsmax but i want to learn other programs, too.

Guest alexander_spencer

I don't really know anything about MAX, but the major difference between Solidworks and C4D is one is an engineering based program while the other is a rendering and animation based program. Solidworks is used to create solid models with exact dimensions, a solidworks file can be used to generate precise production drawings, conduct stress tests etc. While C4D is great for producing realistic renderings, animations and creating not so dimension specific organic forms.

Hope that helps.

Guest Jack

3ds Max is also a rendering/animation based program. I haven't used SolidWorks or C4D. I use Max, but I've heard from multiple people who have had more experience with both Max and C4D. They claim that Max is more professional, so it isn't as userfriendly. In the long run, it is capable of doing more than C4D, but C4D seems to have an easier interface to understand. Clearly price isn't always true to the product, but when comparing the two, Max is about $3500 (give or take 1-2 hundred, price from Discreet's website) and C4D is about $700 (from Maxon's website). So, 3ds max is roughly 5 times as expensive. Hopefully there's a little more to 3ds Max for that kind of money.

Guest Penjeab

Thanks, everyone. Your answers are clear. Umm...I may need to creat models in SolidWorks and do rendering in Max, then.

Btw your rendering looks fantastic :(

Thanks

Jeab

Guest DreaM

I H-A-T-E 3DsMax....

Especially the renderings !! The normal render is too bad quality. And the mental ray or radiosity is too hard to configure and too long to render !

And the interface of it cannot compete with Cinema 4D.... I'd prefer Alias to C4d also but this one is much easier and that's what i can use ?

so i recommend you all C4d

Guest ScD

I've C4D is very good for producing quick, good looking renderings. Plus the interface is nice. If you want a package for rendering or animating products, C4D is the way to go. Its much cheaper than Max and much easier to learn

Max is a very powerful program and you can get out of your depth very quickly. An experienced Max driver can produce some amazing results.

Guest Penjeab

hmmm....it sounds C4D is easier to learn and, of course, cheaper. Ok, I will give C4D a try and see if Max or C4D suits my work best :)

I agree with u, Dream, that Max is hard to handle but I found it very useful and it gives beautiful results (if your Max's rendering skill is good. Unfortunately, my skill is in development stage). It's really good for a presentation, anyway. But, yeah, it takes decades to finish rendering!!! I guess i need to upgrade my comp for it. :( money..money..money

:)

Jeab