Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lufbrasketch

Graphics Tablet

Guest lufrbasketch

Does anyone recomend or know where to get a decent graphics tablet for use with programs such as Alias SketchBook?

Guest 1cooldesignguy

L

I would recommend "The3Dshop". I saw them @ Siggraph last year & they had a special where if you buy the Cintiq 18x, you would also receive the CintiqPartner ($200 value). I look everywhere to see who has the best deal, but it is pretty much the price everywhere I look. You can check out these guys site @ www.the3dshop.com or www.thedvshop.com. I spoke to Richard Pepples & his # is 888-368-8839. His very helpful & knowledgeable about the graphics tablets.

M

Guest charly_senn

lufrbasketch,

cheapest place I found in the UK for Wacom is;

www.unlimited.com

That link will take you through to the clearance corner for Wacom - cheaper.

Have you looked at this thread re graphics tablets - it's worth investing in a Wacom. Suggest you take a look.

Charly

Guest lufrbasketch

Great, thanks for that.

I must have missed your talking about that before.

Even after reading all the forums and information regarding the internet I really don't know what to do...if I should go for an A5 or an A4. Cost isn't really a huge matter, what is important to me is the translation of 1:1 from the tablet to the monitor. As I have said before I am running a 19" monitor....should I get an A5 or A4 Wacom Intuos 3?

Can anyone with some experience give me some advice on what I should do?

Cheers

Guest charly_senn

Again, look at the thread I posted a link to above - I recall lots of people with a similar problem of size choice.

Personally I use an A4+ Intuos 2.

My colleague has an A3 Intuos 2 and kinda regrets getting one so big - we're actually talking about swapping (each personally owned anyway). Now I've seen it (it's massive) I'm not so sure - will have a play later today perhaps.

One thing about a tablet, if you can't sketch/draw with a pencil, a tablet won't make you suddenly draw amazingly! Almost the opposite. I wasn't expecting that! lol

Charly

Guest lufrbasketch

My sketching is good, I just want to try and tighten up my images and practice rendering without material waste for the meantime + I will have to learn one for this year at uni anyway so I might aswell start now, or soon at least. I think I might go for an Intuos 3 A4, seems everyone who has got one is very happy with it + it will be a nice investment for the future and a valuable skill to learn.

Guest charly_senn

lufrbasketch

A4 sounds like a good choice.

I hope you weren't offended about my comments saying that a graphics tablet does not make a bad drawer good - as I said this is my finding from not being the best sketcher!

Charly

Guest lufrbasketch

Dont worry, I didn't think that at all. I have heard people say that manya time.

I think I will go for an A4 tablet , most likley Wacom Intuos 3 as I have said. All I need to do is wait for my pay to come in and its mine.

Guest rodanx86

What about in the US? I tried Froogle and Ebay, but the prices are still not tempting enough! (for me, that is)