Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Portfolio Renzsu

Well who would've thought this day would come! I certainly didn't :D

You can reach my portfolio by clicking here!

Let me know what you think of it, especially about the presentation and what's lacking or not...

There's a couple of projects and pages not done yet due to lack of good photo material.. eternal work in progress I guess right?

Guest rodanx86

Congradulations.

And thanks again for your help in suggesting some gallery generators. I am at work redoing my portfolio now as well. Yours looks very nice.

Guest ulisse

portfolio looks good, the site is well balanced (accesibility, guestbook, links ecc.). A good platform to show what you have done...

Just one thing, but is only my personal opinion, i like to enjoy a site, and have fun, expecially a design portfolio, and sometime i had a sense of business-formal other than fun-creativity.

But well, my compliments! : ))

Thanks guys, yeah I know it's a little bit formal.. I'm always afraid of getting a bit too casual.. better to be on the safe side I figured :)

I'm looking into doing some other colours for my next update of the site, I sometimes hear the brown can be a bit too dark on some monitors, I will probably change some of the other non-portfolio pages then as well.

Guest desagree

yeah, cool portfolio and well chosen projects! how did you integrate this JA-album into your pages?

yeah, cool portfolio and well chosen projects! how did you integrate this JA-album into your pages?

I didn't, it's ImageVue.. :) Found out about that before I found Jalbum..

Definitely print them up. Nice site. Small issues though..

About the site:

-It took me a second though to figure out that you moved the square to look at the different parts of the board. I kept trying to click and wondering why it kept going back to thumbs.

-Also, when you do click to go back to the thumbs, they all have to reload again each time you do it. Is there any way to avoid that? It's not that long to wait, but you know...instant gratification microwave mentality nowadays.

Portfolio:

-Looks nice, very good presentation skills.

-I would say if possible to show more development sketches. You'll hear that constantly. The really ugly sketches done with no underlays, your thinking stuff. I wouldn't put them on these pretty boards, but bring a seperate book with you on interviews that people can flip through. Most of your "design" work will be done in those ugly sketches, so that's what people want to see to judge if they can read your process and if it'll fit in with their group. Final image stuff is only done last just for client presentations. So you've shown that you'll be good at that time. Now show them how good you'll be when your group has to figure out how to design this part so an ugly parting line doesn't run right through your nice-touch surface area, etc...

Good job on the portfolio, it looks really nice. I wish I could get mine to look that nice, never have the time to put into it.

Thanks skinny, I appreciate your feedback. I will try to change the image browser so that it opens images in popup windows instead.

About the sketches, I like your suggestion of making a seperate sketchbook, I think I'll create a sketchbook area on the site as well.

Thanks again.

Guest andrej
Anybody with any crits that I can use before I print these pages monday?

Are you going to print your website in order to create a booklet portfolio? If yes, I wonder which pages are you going to print? I think about creating my booklet portfolio using my website sometime.

I like your site. It has nice layout and the ImageVue presentations are cool. I like your Peugeot GT06 very much including the idea of opening its doors. Good luck with your site!

Guest Penjeab

Great projects & Great website

I like everything in there and hope to see more of your work.

Guest DreaM

hey renzsu.

Finally huh ? well congratulations to you.

By the way, one of your works : the music player that you did, is featured in

www.yankodesign.com as well as one of my projects : the Visa Wallet concept.

Anyway thought that you'd like to know .

check out the design news section in www.yankodesign.com

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. And about yankodesign, yes I found that out after checking the site statistics. Nice to have some free publicity :)

Small update, I added the blue motorcycle rendering and also changed the gallery to open thumbnails in a popup instead of the gallery window (which never fits..).

What I'd like to know is if those thumbnails load fast enough for you? The images and photos are running of this server (hosted in the US), while the rest of the site is running on my private website (hosted in the netherlands)..