Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rodanx86

This Seems Like A Cool Place.

Guest rodanx86

So, I just added a new section to my website called "Features." It is a series of galleries that contain projects that don't really relate to design as much as the have sentimental value or are just fun. Most of the images were ported from a gallery website that I did a very long time ago.

If you noticed, I included some old work that I did in middle school and high school. I was wondering if these galleries would produce a positive or negative reaction. Will people think that I am being way to unprofessional by including nastalgia? Or do people see me as a down to earth designer that has had a long history of learning how to communicate and come up with new ideas? What do you guys think?

I'd say only put your best work on there, nostalgia is fun, but can be confusing for future employers.. anyways, that's what I think.

I wouldn't know what you would try to achieve by showing work that is of lesser quality than your other stuff, doesn't matter if it was made years ago imho.

Guest rodanx86

Yeah, I think you are right....

Well, I will take it out of the main spotlight, maybe I can put it in a more obscure location. Friends and Family that know me like to see those sorts of things. Complete strangers could care less.

Thanks for the info