Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
dimovski

My 1St Try In "sketching" A Car...

I've been dreaming for years about building my own car,but never really pursued that dream.

Now that I've got some spare time, I actually started thinking about how it'd look like... And decided for something that... err.. purists might not quite like.

The basic idea was that I'd like a hybrid between a 70's personal luxury and sports car. As I'm still dreaming about building it one day, it might aswell be something doable, like a body-on-frame design, which is the reason for starting from a Lincoln Mark VI on a Panther-platform.

6iXc4tc.jpg

And I also knew which kind of sports car I'd like to take some design cues from... the Maserati Ghibli. I simply can not resist the immeasurable beauty of her Kamm-tail.

M8nT8bP.jpg

The rest of the car would be taken from another all-time favourite of mine, the BMW E23. Serious to evil look, just how I like it.

CmFfpH9.jpg

So after some fiddling, I got this:

rIa5J08.jpg

So what do you guys think about it? I'm very satisfied that the floor won't require much work, the seats won't have to be moved & that the firewall stays in place, but I'm unsure if I can pull off the double-sloping passenger-compartment + rear portion of the car with such an angular front.