Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dotx3

"examples Of Work" - How To Send?

Guest dotx3

I've been asked to send examples of my work to a design consultancy (in order to try and get a summer internship), here in the UK.

Is it acceptable to send them to my website (which has examples of my work), or is that asking too much from them (to pick ut the ones that are relevant). or should i send them a pdf with some of my work layed out?

(they specifically asked me to send stuff by email, not by post)

any suggestions/experiences?

[i'm sure this has been asked before, but a search didnt bring anything up]

thanks

Mayo

Hm.. I'd say email them a couple of images and send the link to your website with it.

Emailing some sketches or renderings of your work might tease them to go to your website. But I believe attaching a PDF of your complete portfolio is the best way to do it. You never know whether your website can be reached at all times or not :ermm:

Guest Aphasia

I'm not sure about sending your entire portfolio by pdf would be such a good move, it could result in a huge file size. It could be quite creative and quite inventive if you compiled a portfolio / CV, maybe explaining some of the projects in a little more depth and maybe limit to one or three pages with a massive (well maye not that big) link to your website for more... :)

:oops: Did i say 'complete portfolio'? I agree with Aphasia you should avoid a huge file attachment. An email with samples of your work (jpeg attachments or a small PDF) and the link to your website is enough to give them a first impression. Good luck!

Guest Jno

I totally agree with Waikit. Those consultancy people propably have lot of different portfolios to watch, so they are not going to spend too much time in one portfolio. Just send couple of jpegs (where you are saying it all --> the whole process)!

All the best,

JNo

Guest Kapu

I would send a real but relatively thin portfolio over the mail, which also has the address for the web portfolio somewhere, and include a page with CV and picture to give a "professional" impression, just in case some of their fellows happen to be more old fashioned.

A proper application has two sides: one to show that you have the chops, and other to tell them that you are a nice guy who they would like to work with. For first, make it clean, easy to understand, at least somewhat realistic and compact, so they can be impressed in half a minute. For later, book an interview if possible.