Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Jeff

Sketches To Kickstarter?

Hi all,

I wanted a way to gauge demand for new products before spending all the time to put together a Kicksarter campaign or develop a full-blown product, so we made a site that lets you upload projects and if people like them, they can give you their email address so that when and if you do launch it they can buy one.

You get a dashboard of everything you've uploaded and how many people have submitted emails so you can see what has highest demand.

It's full of a bunch of filler content right now, but I'd love to get your thoughts! http://prefundia.com/

Picture1.png

I'm mostly wanting to know if you think this is useful and if so, what parts of it are most valuable. What do you think?

I think it's an interesting concept and executed very nicely. Probably your best bet is to just roll it out and see how it is received.

I think, personally (although I'm not an expert on the matter) that this would be great as a function of the Kickstarter website. As a standalone website I don't think it will be used very much - people are lazy and why would they go on prefundia to see concepts where the inventor hasn't even taken the time to make a kickstarter campaign, if they can just go on Kickstarter and see other concepts that have more info and interesting videos.

Maybe you can put prefundia on kickstarter and see what the response is ;)

Ha ha awesome idea! Thanks for the feedback!

The reason I'm thinking someone would want to go to Prefundia is that many Kickstarter projects offer "early bird" rewards (their product at a pretty significant discount for the first X number of people) and if people find those projects on Prefundia first and enter their email address, they'll be the first to know when the project launches on Kickstarter so they can be sure to get the discounted rate.

We'll see how true that turns out to be. It's live now, though! Check it out!