Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Pandebus

1St Portfolio Website

Hiya everybody,

I recently launched my website to showcase some of my work. It's still a work in progress, there are a few known issues.

If you find a bit that is broken, it'd be great if you could post a screenshot :) (I'm fairly new at the whole coding thingy :P)

www.pauldemedeiros.com

what do ya guys think?

It looks like that you have designed your own website, instead of using for instance a wordpress template, right?

I highly recommend you to consider using existing portfolio templates and customize them to create a more professional look.

If you really want to design your portfolio site from scratch by yourself, then I advise you to take a look at many other great looking portfolios on the web to set your standards higher.

Then improve your site by learning how to make things better. I think that your graphic design work looks much better than your website design, in terms of colors, fonts, layout and proportions.

Keep it up!

You also may want to consider usability a bit more. i now have to search for where to click if I want to see your work. But I want to see it right away, and not have to mess around too much.

I like how you emphasize yourself as a person and put pictures of yourself there in a professional context. That gives people much more an idea who they will be working with.

Good luck

Consider Squarespace, Behance Pro, or WordPress! They are great sites to get your point across to the public.

It looks like that you have designed your own website, instead of using for instance a wordpress template, right?

I highly recommend you to consider using existing portfolio templates and customize them to create a more professional look.

If you really want to design your portfolio site from scratch by yourself, then I advise you to take a look at many other great looking portfolios on the web to set your standards higher.

Then improve your site by learning how to make things better. I think that your graphic design work looks much better than your website design, in terms of colors, fonts, layout and proportions.

Keep it up!

Well go for CMS its easy and reduces the time