Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest marksmedia

Coroflot & Website Portfolio

Guest andrej

Great site! I like it very much including your designs. It has nice layout.

I'd just suggest you to put the 'Skype me!' banner on the contact page instead of the web-links page. I'm going to do something similar on my site - I'm going to put my instant messengers' contacts there.

Guest marksmedia

Thank you very much andrej for the feedback - I am glad you like the layout and design work, :P

Good point with the Skype-me banner, will modify that shortly,

Top portfolio site yourself B)

Guest andrej

Good. And I'd also suggest you to add more contact details like your address, e-mail and phone number to the contact section. I think this would make the impression that you are keen on being seriously contacted because of some opportunity for you... rather than the e-mail form that may be mostly used by many design enthusiasts' comments... However, if you want to have it there, I advise you to make it smaller or to change it for a link or banner like 'contact me immediately here'. Check out my former site's contact page (not very good example but I mean something like this). I consider the e-mail form for my site, too, but as a link or banner 'send me a message immediately' that would open a new window with the form.

It is also my opinion the visitors interested in contacting you will prefer sending you an e-mail from their e-mail account. Just imagine someone wants to send you a message with an attachment.

You seem to be a great photographer as well. I like those crab, fishes, sea and dials photos very much. :D

Guest Ludecrous

I think it's a great site, but I would advise that you need to add some hand sketches / roughs / visualizations, something that sows a little of your though process through the products development.

Guest marksmedia

Thank you both andrej & Ludecrous for some great feedback and advice for the site.

The contacts section will be greatly improved as andrej as recommended (looking at the approach on his website - he knows what he's talking about!)

As Ludecrous has pointed out I think the product design examples need to show some preliminary sketch work, I have a habit of just presenting the final result…

Guest paulk

Good site! Again, as other people have mentioned it needs more sketch/development work. I also got a bit confused on the graphics section - looks a lot like 3D work to me...maybe create a seperate section?

Also, the freelancing area was a little unclear...couldn't work out what projects were freelance work. You should specify all the freelance projetcs in your CV too.

HTH

Paul

Guest andrej

Very nice site! I like you updated the contact section. :) However, I think you still should add more sketches to show your thinking process. Also, the Graphics Design section may seem like graphic design which is something different than your 3D / CAD renderings. I think you should name that section differently. Hope this helps.

Guest Wyvern

Great rendering skills. Nice portoflio - keep it up! Good intro page for ur website. MayB u should get rid of the popups... I don't like them.