Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Mark Marzouk

New Products :)

Hi All,

I've not posted in a long time, been very busy with work.

I have been working on 16 new products for my company and I hope to begin production after a few months.

Check out the new products and let me know what you think.

Also I have a new website. it will be updated quite frequently with blog articles about design process, products etc.

http://www.mdesignegy.com/blog

post-49382-0-89332100-1361795533_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-25641900-1361795599_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-70208500-1361795602_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-13655300-1361795606_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-44926700-1361795609_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-80957900-1361795615_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-02581900-1361795622_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-64467900-1361795628_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-09386300-1361795634_thumb.jpgpost-49382-0-27961700-1361795638_thumb.jpg

Welcome back Mark. Glad to see your success!

Thanks mate. I check in here quite often but I've not been in the writing mood recently. I tried to add a new album to my gallery the other day and I still dont know how to create one. can you help?

Mark.

Sorry I think I limited the gallery album amount to just 1 per member, to avoid bandwidth issues.

Welcome back Mark. Glad to see your success!

Thanks mate. I check in here quite often but I've not been in the writing mood recently. I tried to add a new album to my gallery the other day and I still dont know how to create one. can you help?

Mark.

Hi Mark

You design, make and sell your own products, that’s great. Sixteen products is a lot to work on. Have you decided what material you are going to use? I like the stackable hangers, cutlery set and packaging design but I think the rest of your product forms look very simple, was that the look you’re going with or did you have a design theme in mind.

If I was going to create them, I would try to sculpt them a bit more and make them look as part of one family…. but that’s what I think. The legs of the colander and the jug look like a cad protrusion after thought, I would probably try to integrate them more in the body of the objects or something like that.

Will there be a problem with the handle design of the jug? Your handle design allows a hole to be embedded into the curving wall of the jug and it’s positioned below the pouring spout, so if you where to fill the jug to the brim (top) with water it would pour out of this handle hole. In addition, would your mixing jug require a measure gauge?

Hi Streamliner,

It is a lot of work handling every stage of design and manufacturing but I do enjoy it.

All the above products are PP. Melt flows will be decided upon trials when I go to China next month.

I have learned a lot over the past few years in regard to design and manufacturing, I understand what you are saying about the forms and there not being a strong theme with the new products. The real reason is that I have had so many problems with manufacturing issues that I wanted to keep designs simple and functional. The colander and mixing jug are in the same collection and will be packaged the same, but I wanted a square colander so it would be larger and unique on the market....and I didn't want a squared mixing jug as it simply wouldn't work well.

Designs are simple with a lot of thought put into wall thickness and moldability.

You are right about the mixing jug having a measure etched on the inside, I wanted to add this but to be honest I didn't know how to calculate it as the shape is not regular.

Also the handle of the mixing jug isn't as serious as it might look. I have used jugs with handles like this before and they work fine.

Personally I like the legs to the Jug, looks different, almost like a obese animal with short lets! Flattering way to describe cooking apparatus I know! Haha, Good work!

It is good,

Have you produced ?

Maybe I can make the molds for you,

Yes, I am sales manager with over thirteen years experience of design and making mold.

Mark,

This is my first post here, These are great products, I really liked the Monkey hangers, relly neat stuff.

I checked your website, do you design your moulds?, I'm just starting to work on a product I've been willing to distribute, I'm an Engineer and I love design and I have many questions hah.

Regards,

Hi Streamliner,

It is a lot of work handling every stage of design and manufacturing but I do enjoy it.

All the above products are PP. Melt flows will be decided upon trials when I go to China next month.

I have learned a lot over the past few years in regard to design and manufacturing, I understand what you are saying about the forms and there not being a strong theme with the new products. The real reason is that I have had so many problems with manufacturing issues that I wanted to keep designs simple and functional. The colander and mixing jug are in the same collection and will be packaged the same, but I wanted a square colander so it would be larger and unique on the market....and I didn't want a squared mixing jug as it simply wouldn't work well.

Designs are simple with a lot of thought put into wall thickness and moldability.

You are right about the mixing jug having a measure etched on the inside, I wanted to add this but to be honest I didn't know how to calculate it as the shape is not regular.

Also the handle of the mixing jug isn't as serious as it might look. I have used jugs with handles like this before and they work fine.

Hi, Me again!.

How long have you been doing this?, I mean, Designing and producing your own things?

As I said before, I just started a year and a half ago to create a product and I've been involved in every aspect (from concept design to manufacturing), right now I had a lot of issues with the mould, I had to change the design a lot in order to be injectable.

I hope you do well, regards,

Hi Streamliner,

Hi, Me again!.

How long have you been doing this?, I mean, Designing and producing your own things?

As I said before, I just started a year and a half ago to create a product and I've been involved in every aspect (from concept design to manufacturing), right now I had a lot of issues with the mould, I had to change the design a lot in order to be injectable.

I hope you do well, regards,

Hi, hope is well.

I have been doing this for about 4 years. I posted some of my very first designs on this forum. A clothes peg and a hanger. they have not been in production for 4 years. I studied product design in university and I have been mainly self taught about designing products for injection moulding. It would be good to see your designs.